• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you think Dumbledore will die?

Sniffles

Hi there, i have a thought that has no real resoning exept it is a great way of keeping you intrested in the books. So, here goes:

I think that in the last book dumbledor will fight voldermort in an epic battle that will be remebered forever in the wizarding world, it will have to be in a public place so that everyone can run and scream, anyway i think that Dumbledor will lose and will get murdered by voldermort, as his last words he will tell harry that he is connected to voldermort and that if one of them dies the other will too. he'll have known this since the first book but kept it a secret to see if he could find a way to kill voldermort without killing harry. harry will then duel voldermort and lose, the triuphant dark lord will then kill harry, because he doesn't know it will kill him, he will then die and harry will become more famous, shame he won't be there to enjoy it. :D

Well, incase you haven't read The Order of the Pheonix, I'll point something out for you :)

Dumbeldore says the only way for Voldemort or Harry to die is for the other to kill them. So either Harry kills Voldemort or Voldemort kills Harry. I guess that means suicide wouldn't kill Harry :confused:

Read The Order ... but I guess there can olly be one ending right ?
... can you imagine Voldemort wining ?

But Harry might defeat Voldemort and be mortally wounded himself! How else is JK going to ensure she is not under continual pressure to continue past book 7? *removes cynic's hat*

Well you have a point there - but how cliché is that ?
It juset seems like a rough ending for what was originally a children book - I know it is geting darker with every new book so we cant realy know what to expect - but still I WANT Harry to survive and see book 8 ...

sis said:
It juset seems like a rough ending for what was originally a children book - I know it is geting darker with every new book so we cant realy know what to expect - but still I WANT Harry to survive and see book 8 ...

So do I, but it being a children's book is no protection against nastiness or heartbreak! JK has never "protected" her readers - look at the death of ... in Order of the Phoenix, or .... in Goblet. Having said that though, I think Harry probably will survive, but I'm not sure about Ron, Hermione or Dumbledore!

I guaruntee there will be no book 8. Rowling already has the Epilouge of book 8 written, saying how they get on the rest of their lives. She also hinted a major character dies!

Do you have some insider info the rest of us should know about?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Well thanks for the warning, I wont allow my hopes to get too high then.

Drizzt Do'Urden said:
I guaruntee there will be no book 8. Rowling already has the Epilouge of book 8 written

Eh? :confused: Do you mean the epilogue of book 7? Still, very interesting info, Drizzt! (But there again, a major character always dies! :D )

If you are desperate enough (as it seems myself and drizzt do'urden are) you can keep a look out on JK Rowlings website or many other unofficial Harry Potter websites for information and rumours. JK Rowlings website is the best for information ;)

Well, as far as I understood prophecy in OoP Harry can be killed, not only by Voldermort- it refers only to Voldemort.
And I think that Harry dies in the end- is it really more cliche that hero surviving? I can't imagine his quiet future...
IMO, Dumbledore also- in book 6. It would leave readers and characters in nice suspense- what will happen now? Dumledore is crucial to them, much more than previous victims...
I also think that in book 6 dies one Weasley- my money on one twin. And Lupin- but he may in 7...
But with Rowling, no one is safe...

I think it will be Ron. Hermione has been hurt badly when she was stunned in book 2. Harry has been hurt numerous times. But, Ron has only been "threatened" by Sirrius Black and bitten by snuffles. He has never, yet, been put into dangers way by an acutal enemy out to hurt him.

Erm ..... he got whacked pretty bad in the Chess game in the first book, and had his leg broken in the third ... I dont think its really fair to say he got off lightly :)

Phil

phil_t said:
Erm ..... he got whacked pretty bad in the Chess game in the first book, and had his leg broken in the third ... I dont think its really fair to say he got off lightly :)

Phil

I am not saying that he got off lightly, merely saying that he has yet to be the object an attack is dirrected at from a Death Eater or Voldermort. Ron has only been accidentally hurt by Sirrius Black and wacked by a chess piece.

I somehow have a feeling that Rowling gets new ideas for her upcoming books from reading posts on this forum :p ;)

Back