• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Does anyone here read 2000AD?

For anybody that has to travel via train, the Metro has Judge Dredd strip in it every week day :) I enjoy reading that along with Nemi!

I thought Low Life was excellent too, and yes, the ending surprised me aswell! I quite enjoyed Savage, but it wasn't one of my faves (and wasn't the first time round either). It seemed a bit cliched sometimes. I think 2000AD has been consistently very good lately, what with Chopper and the latest Judge Dredd stories. :cool:

Halo said:
I thought Low Life was excellent too, and yes, the ending surprised me aswell! I quite enjoyed Savage, but it wasn't one of my faves (and wasn't the first time round either). It seemed a bit cliched sometimes. I think 2000AD has been consistently very good lately, what with Chopper and the latest Judge Dredd stories. :cool:

Funnily enough, I thought that the criticism of cliche applied more to Chopper than Savage, but obviously it was always a tongue-in-cheek strip and I loved the ending, utterly suited to Marlon's character. I abhorred the Judge Dredd 'comedy' shorts at the start of the spring, but the latest story is coming on in leaps and bounds (hey, it's Wagner - of course it is!).

I have to disagree with you on the Dredd "comedy shorts"; sometimes they are hilarious, and it's nice to see another side to MC One instead of all the doom and gloom. I have fond memories of stories such as Otto Sump, the Fatties with the belli-wheels and the Boing! stories. And maybe it's just my peurile sense of humour (very probably), but I thought the recent one with the guy with the stuck-up finger was hilarious! :D Each to their own I suppose! :)

the Fatties
Was that the story with all the fat people and the eating competion. Vaguely remeber a group of fat people on stage with huge funnels above them shovelling food into their mouths?

Take me back to my youth reading 2000AD

Yes, that's the one! They competed to be the fattest, and were so overweight that they had "belliwheels" which trundled before them, supporting their stomachs. Would Tony Blair even allow it to be published nowadays, or would he use it in his fight against obesity?! :)

Damn! Wasn't that published about 20 years ago. I remember buying it as a kid. My nephew has all my old paper comics now. Hope he has treated them well.

Back