• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dogmatix and a lion

Dogmatix

Okay guys the Newspaper just put up a news video on their website. It's the latest lion we worked on at my hospital. I'm the blonde doctor (ponytail) handling the anesthesia and there is a nice interview with me at the end. Dr. Cuevas is my cat veterinarian, just hired her 4 months ago and she's great, she is performing the dental cleaning. You can see most of my staff and some nice pics of Pacino the lion.
the link is www.thetimesnews.com scroll down to the section that says Times News Exclusive Video then click on Big Toothache

I'm so excited apparently the story got picked up nationally.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I opened this thread...:D

Are you the one in the blue 'Central Carolina...' top - the one who put her hand in the Lion's mouth? Sorry but I couldn't help but be a little :eek: , I just a few days ago read The Fourth Hand by John Irving, where the main character has his hand eaten by a lion...so it was a bit weird seeing this...

Oh and Nice Job, Well done, and all that :) .

dogmatix said:
Okay guys the Newspaper just put up a news video on their website. It's the latest lion we worked on at my hospital. I'm the blonde doctor (ponytail) handling the anesthesia and there is a nice interview with me at the end. Dr. Cuevas is my cat veterinarian, just hired her 4 months ago and she's great, she is performing the dental cleaning. You can see most of my staff and some nice pics of Pacino the lion.
the link is www.thetimesnews.com scroll down to the section that says Times News Exclusive Video then click on Big Toothache

I'm so excited apparently the story got picked up nationally.

Now that is just too cool!. Congrats on the nice piece. :) I can see it now.....The Lion Whisperer.......Dances with Lions......or how about.....The Lion Code?;)

Gem said:
Are you the one in the blue 'Central Carolina...' top - the one who put her hand in the Lion's mouth? .

Yup! and they didn't even show the fact that I ended in up to my elbow before I could get that trach tube in right. Took two tries That's a VERY deep throat. You can see the first doctor try to use our laryngeoscope, which is obviously way too small. Then you can here her say Dr. Wheeler....! Seriously I almost peed my pants I was so scared. If you listen closely you can here me say something like, "Please, please don't bite me." Thankfully all the drugs were working and I pulled out more then just a bloody stump.

Wow, if you can handle lions I better not mess with you. :) Sounds like it was an exciting day.

I just got back from N.C. yesterday evening from a 2 day house hunting trip. I believe we found a couple houses to choose from.

Nice! Very nice!
We have an expert here in the forum that can deal with a loin :) !
Congratulation for your successful operation :D keep it up...

Samerron, you have just given me the giggles, I can't believe how immature I am :D .

dogmatix said:
You can see the first doctor try to use our laryngeoscope, which is obviously way too small.

I'd say so. It looks people sized. Do they not make medical equipment for animals? I know that we've been told to use human equipment on the police K9s in an emergency, but I always assumed vets had special stuff.

I'm impressed though. I don't know I'd love sticking my hand down there either.

Yes we do have special equipment but I usually see cats and dogs and well I don't have a lion sized laryngescope in stock;) Human scopes work fine on anything under 200 pounds.

waaaaaaaaaaa i want to see the link!

i went to the link and now find nothing with a heading like that. can you give me a direct link to the archived article maybe?

Omigosh! That is so great! Thank you so much, dogmatix! I loved it that you were all cooing and patting him the whole time. I'm on dial-up, so it took real determination to watch that procedure -- but it was so worth it!

Back