• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

E-book reader?

I'm on the Internet right now because of a free CD from ATT that arrived in my mailbox many many years ago. How's that for a price point?

FREE INTRODUCTORY OFFER!

Your "'free" now costs about $30-50/month. Personally, I think it's a very good price and is way better than AOL.

Because they consist of more than stamped plastic, I don't foresee free e-readers being handed out in the near future; however, you do see Amazon and Barnes & Noble offering free Kindle & Nook apps for your computer and smart phones. I received an email last week from Barnes & Noble telling me that they had released a FREE Nook application for Android phones.

Free inducement from a book club provided one buys X many books?
And "near future?" Not necessary. I can wait, as long as the tide is in my favor.

Oh nuts. Amazon has made this too attractive.

Kindle 3G for $189

• All-New, High-Contrast E-Ink Screen – 50% better contrast than any other e-reader
  • Read in Bright Sunlight – No glare
  • New and Improved Fonts – New crisper, darker fonts
  • New Sleek Design – 21% smaller body while keeping the same 6" size reading area
  • 15% Lighter – Only 8.7 ounces, weighs less than a paperback
  • Battery Life of One Month – A single charge lasts up to one month with wireless off
  • Double the Storage – Up to 3,500 Books
  • Books in 60 Seconds – Download books anytime, anywhere
  • Free 3G Wireless – No monthly payments, no annual contracts
  • Built-In Wi-Fi – In addition to the 3G wireless, you can connect to Wi-Fi hotspots
  • 20% Faster Page Turns – Seamless reading
  • Enhanced PDF Reader – With dictionary lookup, notes, and highlights
  • New WebKit-Based Browser – Free 3G web browsing (experimental)

Must. Resist. The. Dark. Side.

Actually, it will be easy for me to say no. Right now their Global 3G rates are way too expensive for this expat. Once they come down to a more reasonable level, I may turn to the Dark Side.

Newbie too

Hi

I am new here too! I have already got a Sony Ereader and it is great. Really good contrast but a little limited on titles. I have been considering a Kindle for a while but didn't want to get a model from America. Looking at getting a UK one now they seem to be nearing launch. Don't know if you can post links here, but, I found this website selling them that seems to be linked to Amazon: bigbooklibrary.co.uk . Has anyone bought from them before?

Thanks for the great forum.

Julesy

Back