• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

educational podcasts?

bren

I've had my new ipod for a few weeks now and I have found Fresh Air, Book Waves, and well - oh, yeah, Naked Scientists .

There are a few of these downloadable programs, but I want more. And some of them are hard to get a proper MP3 or other downloadable file format for them. So... does anyone else do this? What are some good programs of interest such as book or other cultural world stuff? The ones I've highlighted are free and that is, of course, ideal.

One more compendium site for podcasts is Podcasting News. I found the science program there.

This one about art looks interesting. Sorry about the prior links. I'll have to fix them later in a new post.

I've been meaningt to find some good podcasts for some time now. I just haven't had the chance. I'll have to give the ones you list a shot.

Ok, first fix the links:

Fresh Air
Book Waves
Naked scientists

I'll skip the last link since it's not that great anyway. And I just found one that appears really great. It's:

Open Culture Audio

You gotta love NPR's Fresh Air program. Some personal favorites

CATO Institute podcasts

Progressive Podcast network

Infidel Guy podcast

Thanks for the ideas, I'll check them out for sure, even though they seem a little more philosophical/political than would be my natural predilection. On the Progressive one, are any of them comic or especially interesting?
Oh, audiobooks on downloadable files here!

The ones I love are 'In Our Time' from BBC Radio 4 and 'Radio Lab' from WNYC (I think). There are some others, but those 2 are the tops, especially the BBC offering, which I don't think has ever had a dull or bad episode.

I like skepticality, the infidel guy, bad astronomy (or bad astronomer I can't recall) and evolution 101. There's also a population genetics podcast, but it only has two or three episodes and I don't think its being updated. I think the national geographic and discovery channal casts are good resources as well.

Back