• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ellery Queen

MonkeyCatcher

Anybody else interested in the novels by Ellery Queen? They are amongst the best mystery novels ever written. I recommend 'The American Gun Mystery' , 'The Spanish Cape Mystery' and 'There Was An Old Woman'. They are brilliant!

I've read Ellery Queen when I was very very young. It was something to do with Sherlock Holmes, I recall, as I wouldn't touch anything else at that time. Also, I remember thinking that he has a very funny name.

I did remember it was an entertaining read. Nothing much more, I'm afraid.

ds

I thought Ellery Queen's works in English were pretty much out of print, or quite rare at best.
In Japan we have lots of translation of his/their works still in print and popular as well.

I've just finnished The Egiptian Cross Mystery and I liked it very much. I think I felt like Ellery myself, as I also suspected who the assassin was and at the same time it seemed like, no way, it can't be! The plot was very well explained and nothing stayed unexplained.

I'll try to read more of his books in the future.

Has anyone read it?

Back