• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

enTourage eDGe eBook reader

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
enTourage eDGe: the dual-screen eBook reader | PC Pro blog

$490 seems a bit steep.

In a brief hands-on demonstration, the eDGe showed several clever touches, such as allowing you to highlight words in eBooks, perform a Google search on the term using the built-in web browser, and then link the search results to the eBook page, which is a great research tool for students reading academic texts. You can also drag and drop pages from the greyscale e-paper screen onto the LCD, allowing readers to view images in full colour, for instance.

The device runs on Google’s Android operating system, and includes built-in Wi-Fi for web browsing, updating a Twitter feed or updating your Facebook profile. The eDGe has a claimed “minimum” battery life of six hours “with everything running”, according to the enTourage spokesman we met.

awww.pcpro.co.uk_blogs_wp_content_uploads_2010_01_IMG_3812_462x308.jpg

I don't know why he's writing upside down.

Manufacturer's page

I like that multiple color options are available.

Weight: approx. 2.75 lbs.
I... think not. My netbook weighs the same, cost less, does more, has a keyboard, and 40 times the hard drive space.
“minimum” battery life of six hours “with everything running”
As compared to the roughly 2 weeks of most dedicated e-book readers.

The name bothers me too; more specifically the seemingly random capitalization.

I will be much more interested in an e-reader when the price is more in keeping with a wal-mart microwave. I agree though, the cover of AB's new toy is nice. I just can't justify the price.

Back