• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Euro 2004

Hang on, you're not ..

.. ah, never mind.

I'm not that sure, I really think England could do quite well.

Cheers, Martin

Did you see it? Portugal-Greece? I did, and I actually cheered when Greece scored - arrogant portugese bastards, that'll show 'em!

No offense to any portugese members, by the way.

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
Did you see it? Portugal-Greece? I did, and I actually cheered when Greece scored - arrogant portugese bastards, that'll show 'em!

No offense to any portugese members, by the way.

Cheers, Martin

I don't think they're showing any of the games over here, but I would've loved to have seen the Portugal-Greece game. Instead, I watched the NFL Europe Worldbowl, which was quite entertaining.

Phil: To bad, man, it was a fun match.

Chewie: American Football, pshaw!!

Couldn't they at least think of another name for it?!

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
Chewie: American Football, pshaw!!

Couldn't they at least think of another name for it?!

Cheers, Martin
Hey now, I love American football, but the name thing is frustrating when communicating with people from other countries. :rolleyes:

I went to see the very first NFL Europe Worldbowl at Wembley (London) - London Monarchs vs Barcelona Dragons way back in 1991 :)

Phil

I know, I wasn't complaining that you guys call your game football...it makes more sense than our game being called football, anyway.

Phil -> I bet that was an interesting game. Yesterday's game between the Galaxy and Thunder was rather amusing...at least, for those of us who have grown up on American football in America. With the teams only having three weeks to practice together before the 10-week season, the teams just aren't as solid as those who have been playing together for years....it makes for an interesting game.

Not as much as the Scottish Claymores.

My husband played as them last night in Madden...it was sad. At least, for him, I won, so it wasn't so sad for me. :)

Well, you know, they kick the ball at leats five times a game :)

I love American Football - used to watch the NFL games that they played here in London occasionally - one of best memories is watching the 49ers play, and seeing Joe Montana (he didnt play unfortunately, but he came out onto the pitch before the game, it was just after he stopped playing regularly :()

Phil

Martin said:
So, Phil (as my only fellow football lover), what's England gonna do tonight?

Cheers, Martin

Oh I love football, I just cant stand England :D

Though I also think it'll be a draw tonight :rolleyes:

I grew up on American football -> watched the NFL every Sunday after church, spent Friday nights cheering on our high school team, and spent Saturdays in college cheering on our university team.

Seeing Joe Montana must've been cool, even if he didn't play. What a man. Living here on the east coast, I've only gotten to see the Deadskins (Washington Redskins) in person. Ugh.

Back