• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ever walk out of a movie?

steffee said:
Battle Royale
The Horse Whisperer

The Horse Whisperer? What made you get up and leave? Did they drag it to the Alpo dog food factory or something?;)

I walked out of Pulp Fiction and I never sat through A Clockwork Orange.
I came close to walking out of Out of Africa a few times and ultimately, I regret that I didn't.

I've never walked out of a movie. I've never even come close, actually. I generally research a movie enough before paying $10 that I'm pretty sure that I know what I'm getting. Even if it is a smoldering pile of horse refuse.

eg1) Mars Attacks.
eg2) Space Cowboys.

I probably came the closest when I was watching Magnolia. I just did not get that movie at all. It's on my list for a re-watch, though. I'm sure I must have missed something. Another WTF movie was Broken Flowers. I think I was waiting for something to happen... I still can't decide if I liked that one or not...

Maybe we should start a thread, "What movie did you actually sit through and wish you hadn't."

StillILearn said:
I would never walk out of anything with Robert Redford in it. Not even The Horse Whisperer. :D
What's wrong with The Horse Whisperer?? I really liked it! Not as good as the book, of course, but a damn good interpretation.

I've never walked out of a movie, but fell asleep during the second Batman movie. I probably missed the last third - from the attack of the penguins on - I think. :eek:

Kookamoor said:
I've never walked out of a movie. I've never even come close, actually. I generally research a movie enough before paying $10 that I'm pretty sure that I know what I'm getting. Even if it is a smoldering pile of horse refuse.

eg1) Mars Attacks.
eg2) Space Cowboys.

I probably came the closest when I was watching Magnolia. I just did not get that movie at all. It's on my list for a re-watch, though. I'm sure I must have missed something. Another WTF movie was Broken Flowers. I think I was waiting for something to happen... I still can't decide if I liked that one or not...

Maybe we should start a thread, "What movie did you actually sit through and wish you hadn't."

Hey, Jack Nicholson had a tough time work wise, he appreciates your dollars for Mars Attacks. :D ;)

walked out of House of a Thousand Corpses. CRAPOLICIOUS!!

fell asleep during Stripes (maybe I was just tired, I isually like Bill Murray).:confused:

I also fell asleep at the movie theatre while watching Terminator 3. I would've walked out if I hadnt.

I walked out of Dumb and Dumber before the opening credits ever finished rolling.

I wanted to walk out of Brokeback Mountain. I didn't know if my boyfriend was enjoying it or not. I said something afterwards, and he was hating it just as much, so if I had said something we both would have left.

venusunfolding said:
I walked out of Dumb and Dumber before the opening credits ever finished rolling.

I wanted to walk out of Brokeback Mountain. I didn't know if my boyfriend was enjoying it or not. I said something afterwards, and he was hating it just as much, so if I had said something we both would have left.

You should have said! What didn't you like about it?

As for walking out on films, well, these days I see things on DVD most of the time, so it just descends into a mickey-taking session if the film is crap. I'm having a hard time recalling the last film I didn't rip to bits.

CDA said:
You should have said! What didn't you like about it?

It felt really long, like it was never going to end. I really don't think Heath Ledger can act at all either. I also thought a lot of the elements that McMurtry added to the story were unnecessary.

I think they had a wonderful framework for the movie, and just didn't use it.

I cried when I read the story, and when I saw the movie I was mostly bored.

I walked out of "Leaving Las Vegas" partly because I thought it was crap and partly because I was in a terrible mood already, and realized about 1/4 of the way through that it was an extremely bad idea to watch that movie in that mood.

I left "Brokeback Mountain" about 1/2 way through because although the film itself is perfectly adequate the main character is such a sniveling coward that I just couldn't stand another hour or so of his everlasting self-pity. Middlebrow dreck, and it's going to win the Academy Award for best picture.

No, but I fell asleep during Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. :eek: In my defence though, I was coming down with a cold, and felt all funny in the head. :rolleyes:

angerball said:
No, but I fell asleep during Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. :eek: In my defence though, I was coming down with a cold, and felt all funny in the head. :rolleyes:

No need for excuses - it was a pile of cack.:)

I walked out of 'i'll sleep when i'm dead' and 'bonza burger' you know the one with keenan and kel(sp?)

The first was just dreadful in pacing and acting and just story i was watching it for well over an hour and still at a loss as to the story. The second was just bad

I've got a ugc cinema card so i can see what i please but to be honest i do go to bad movies but more so to relax

Hmm... that's one I hadn't thought of. Falling asleep. I'm not sure if i've ever fallen asleep at a movie theatre, but I've certainl falling asleep watching movies on the couch at home.

I've never walked out on a movie, but I did walk out of the musical 'Cats'.
What a load of tripe.

The Horse Whisperer is absolute poo. In my opinion of course.;)

Back