• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Expiration Date ---or should I say expiring date?

Crystal

kickbox
Expiry Date ?

Though I get 10minutes now, I want to be on the bookforum! :D well, this is not the topic.

Now, here we are.

You do have realized that plenty of things have the expiry date, right?
Milk, eggs, tuner, .. all kinds of food stuff, tv sets, lamp, furnitur?... even computer, even marriage, even the cling wrap thing, etc,etc,etc,..... When I realized this, I started searching in my mind. Are there anything else without this expiry date, this termination, this kindof end. ?

Book, I guess, is one of those, or friendship, maybe.

So, what is your idea to share with me? :)

Don't worry, wabbit to the rescue and anwser to your thread!!! lol

Ummm, very interesting way to look at things :)

I don't think that things such as love, friendship, marriage and so on can have an experation date.A food item has an experation date because you KNOW that it will go bad for sure around that time. Those other things that you mention, well, you do not know they will go bad at a certain time. Not unless you belive all our lives are already mapped and planed. That is another whole topic :D

Really intersting idea though. I like such trival thing as a can of beans or an egg in the same breath as marriage!!!

Other experations? Hmmmm. That is quite difficult :)

Dreams? You can set yourself goals in life and think, I will do this by this time and then after a certain time you know that you can not do it. This is not possible so dreams can have an experation date :) It's funny to compare beans and dreams :)

well sugar doesnt expire.....atleast i dont think so. water shouldnt expire......but possible that it does, would love to know why. makeup, i think does not expire. nail polish, depends if you never open it. also money, change, and the ocean! it will always be, ahhh the ocean, god tears rained in one place and formed a mighty beauty we fear to enter alone......

Sugar doesn't expire, but it can attract bugs, or if moisture gets in, it will get all stuck together. Still usable, but difficult.

Make-up can get bacteria in it, so you shouldn't use it for more than a year or so. Especially eye makeup.

Water always has an expiration date, about 2 years. Not sure why.

Back