• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fav Discworld Carachter

So difficult to choose!

I know Rincewind is popular but I have to say it's a close draw between Vimes and Nanny Ogg.

(Maybe it's their common liking for alcohol that does it for me.)

Has anybody read 'The Wee Free Men' yet? I'd love to discuss it with another Discworld fanatic.

I've read it. I don't enjoy Pratchett's children's novels as much as his adult novels. That is to say, his children's novels are great but his adult novels are even better.

As for my favourite character: Vetinari.

I love Vetinari, especially his exchanges with Vimes! I think all the Watch characters are brilliant, so I can't choose just one. I think I will have to go for DEATH and his dry sense of humour (no "pune" intended!) ;)

I can't choose any, they're all great and every time I think of a list of favorites, the list doesn't stop growing, so I give up after 10 seconds and find a better way to occupy myself.

Vetinari and Grimes are both great, but i'd definately have to go for Death, i just dig that talking in CAPITALS! :D

Vimes is the man, I reckon. Out of all the Discworld books I've read, the Watch books always rate higher on my Discworldometer than the rest, because of Vimes.

Death is a great character also, I agree...

I just finished reading my first Discworld novel, The Colour of Magic, and must say that Death seems to be the best character - although I just loved the box on many legs.

Mxx

My immediate reaction is Death too but...I want to be Granny Weatherwax when I'm old, and I'm very fond of the Librarian!

Mine is probably commander vimes but i very much like nanny ogg and granny weatherwax.A friend told me about the discworld cookbook.Has any one else heard of it apparently it's filled with all sorts of deliciously scandalous dishes eg.strawberry wobbler i will not describe the particulars of the dish since it is quite naughty.

nick452 said:
Mine is probably commander vimes but i very much like nanny ogg and granny weatherwax.A friend told me about the discworld cookbook.Has any one else heard of it apparently it's filled with all sorts of deliciously scandalous dishes eg.strawberry wobbler i will not describe the particulars of the dish since it is quite naughty.

I have that cookbook on my wishlist. Sounds intriguing...especially with Nanny Ogg involved ;)

I think my favorite character is Granny Weatherwax, followed by DEATH, Sgt. Angua, and Commander Vimes. Of course, I like almost all of the city watch and the witches, so its hard to choose.

My favorites: Cohen the Barbarian, Susan (Death's grand-daughter), Vetinari, Death, Vimes, Leonard of Quirm, and Om (as a turtle). Those are my favorites, although I love nearly all of them.

Back