• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fav Poets

Falling back on this "everyone has their own definition" of everything stuff is pretty lame, n'est-ce pas?

No.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some books to read. :D

Most definitely, bobby.

Separated at birth: bobbyburns and benaffleck. You DO have his cheekbones.

Klonk! I walked straight into that one.

"I believe everything and I believe nothing. I suspect everyone and I suspect no one." --Inspector Clouseau

Loving this thread :D Art is anything but graceful in my world. Its a bumbling clumbling stumbling can of Longlife :)

I thought I would recommend that wonderful Englishman/Irishman/Indian Mr Spike Milligan. I quote:

One thousand hairy savages,
Sitting down to lunch,
Gobble, gobble,
Glub, glub,
Munch, munch, munch.

Or how about:

There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in,
The holes are small,
That's why rain is thin.

That would be the man who sang, "Don't give a dose to the one you love most, give her some marmalade, give her some toast". Advice I have always strictly adhered to. I have a wonderful collection of marmalades.

I spent a long and boring train journey yesterday reading Rimbaud. Very overrated in my opinion; although if I could read more of the original French it might appeal to me more. The subject matter on the whole seemed quite juvenile (admittedly he was 16 - 19 when he was writing) and I think I he made a good decision when he renounced literature in favour of gun-running and the slave trade.

Back