• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite batman comics

Lou_reed

Batman: KIlling Joke
Batman: Year one
Batman: Dark knight returns

I really wanna, but i never got round to reading Arkham Asylum . Did anybody else read this?

I've read Arkham Asylum and I didn't like it as much as the other ones that you've listed. I would also add The Long Halloween to that list.

A small selection of decent batman stories:

Year One
Dark Knight Returns
Blind Justice
Long Halloween (though I've gone off this a little recently)
Legends of the Dark Knight: Blades (issues 32-34, can also be found in the trade Collected Legends of the Dark Knight)
Batman vs Predator (surprisingly good for a glorified cash in - good Bruce/Alfred dynamic etc)

Arkham Asylum looked lovely. Plotwise however, it was somewhat lacking IMHO.

Another thumbs up on Dark Knight Returns, which is the best Frank Miller I've read.

You didn't mention the Miller-penned Batman & Spawn! That was sooooo awesome!!! Not. It was awful, actually. The art was good though. :D

My cousin bro's a Batfreak, and I remember reading one of his with Joker shooting Barbara Gordon. That one was good too.

Read Arkham Asylum recently, and didn't like the story all that much. Unlike his other work, I thought Dave McKean did a poor job here - it was more a collection of singular pieces of art than a seamless flow of story from panel to panel. Seemed a little disjointed to me.

ds

Back