• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite citation style-APA?,MLA?,Turabian?

What is your favorite method of citation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SFG75

The Dewey thread got me curious about classification, but in thinking about that, I couldn't help reflect on the citation styles that we used very often. Quite frankly, I detest MLA. To me, it's too easy, almost lazy when it comes to citing sources. It also looks horrid if you are quoting two different books by the same author. As a history major, I was introduced to the Turabian style of citation. I really liked it and thought it was awesome, it definitely "stands out" more when you look at the different items you use in writing a paper.

So what about you? What is, or was, your favorite citation style in school?

That's like asking what form of self-abuse do you enjoy the most.

I have no favorites. I only used the citation style that the particular professor requested.

I prefer MLA because all through junior high and high school they teach you MLA saying you will need this someday. I got to college and had to use Turabian and I was very unhappy my teachers lied to me all that time, so I had a hard time with Turabian.

LOL - my favorite style is whatever my university instructor requires! As late as this past summer it has been MLA.

References made in research papers through footnoting or body notations to the works cited in the bibliography.

Back