• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite contemporary fiction

SFG75

A few months ago, I bookmarked a selection and had it on my amazon "wish list." I then gave in and two weeks ago, ordered it. I just started reading it last night, and I have to say that it is just outstanding. I have never laughed so hard in my life. I'm currently enjoying Company by Max Barry. Having never worked in the corporate world, I really didn't know if this would be an excellent book, but Barry does a good job of illustrating petty departmental conflicts, not to mention zany business notions that will leave you in stitches. The sales associate who clears his throat before every time he speaks, the eccentric CEO whom no one has ever seen. The weird IT department being sacked and subsequently re-hired in order to get the system up and running again....before being outsourced. I really can't do it justice in trying to explain it, but let's just say that reading Barry is like what H.L. Mencken would've written about the inner workings of corporate life.

So, what contemporary fiction are you enjoying and would like to share?

Back