• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Line(s) from a movie?

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-Narrator, Fight Club

Evey: Are you like a crazy person?
V: I’m quite sure they will say so.
-V for Vendetta

I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?
-Richard Riehle, Office Space

Captain's Log, stardate 29.6, rounded off to the... nearest decimal point. We've... traveled back in time to save an ancient species from... total annihilation. SO FAR... no... signs of aquatic life anywhere, but I'm going to find it. If I have to tear this universe another black hole, I'm going to find it. I've... GOT TO, MISTER!
-Jim Carrey, Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Isn't every great line that you've ever heard so context-driven that alone it seems meaningless? Isn't that the beauty of a film or a book, that it gives context to the great lines and scenes of life? I have to say that one of the reasons that I write is to solve this problem of context. Without it, you have nothing but a stupid chuckle and a half-remembered relevance.

" Never lie, steal,cheat or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away." Will Smith- Hitch

"Life isn't the amount of breaths that you take, but the moments that take your breath away" Will Smith- Hitch

"...but what really matters is this: there are 118 guys out there better, faster and younger than me" Paul Bettany- Wimbledon I can't remember the exact words but it was at the begining of the movie

" The reality is another story, my story" Paul Bettany- Wimbledon

"Jack Nasty"

"About all the travelin' I do is around the coffee pot looking for the handle"

"If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it."

"Jack, I swear.."

"You don't go there to fish"

"Whatcha waitin' for cowboy? The matin' call?"

"Fast or slow I just like the direction you're going"

"I wish I knew how to quit you"

"Ennis, girls don't fall in love with fun"

"I'd have 'em if you'd support 'em"

"You know it could be like this, just like this, always"

- ALL from the film Brokeback Mountain. Either the script had a ton of remarkable language, or flawless acting abilitiy made these simple lines into classic dialogue. Either way, I think it's pretty impressive.

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."
- - - The Silence of the Lambs.

Who's is the motorcycle?
-It's not a motorcycle, it's a chopper!
-Who's is the chopper?
-It's Zed's.
-Who is Zed?
-Zed is dead babe... Zed is dead!

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof~V for Vendetta

"There's one thing I do know son, and that is you are here for a reason! I don't know what reason, or whose reason... but I do know this - it's not to score touchdowns."

- Pa Kent (Glenn Ford) to his teenaged son Clark (Jeff East) in my all-time favorite film, Richard Donner's Superman

"KILLIAN! Sub-Zero, now, PLAIN Zero!"

- Ben Richards (Ah-nuld) in The Running Man

"There are several theories about what would happen to man if the insect world were to turn on him. All I can tell you is that in none of them do we come out ahead."

- Diane Ashley (Tiffany Bolling) in Kingdom of the Spiders

"Every dead body that is not properly disposed of GETS UP AND KILLS! The people it kills GET UP AND KILL!"

- government official (?) on an emergency TV broadcast in George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead

"This is your last warning, Jabba - free us or die!"

- Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) gives fair warning in Return of the Jedi

"Pardon me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key."

- Carl Spackler (Bill Murray) misinterprets his instructions to kill the gophers in Caddyshack

And two of the most frightening words in motion picture history:

"Sarah Connah?"

- Ah-nuld as The Terminator

"I saw Mrs. Claypool first. Of course, her mother really saw her first but there's no point in bringing the Civil War into this." - Groucho Marx in A Night at the Opera

Fenster said:
"There are several theories about what would happen to man if the insect world were to turn on him. All I can tell you is that in none of them do we come out ahead."

- Diane Ashley (Tiffany Bolling) in Kingdom of the Spiders

In my wildest imaginings I never thought there would be a Kingdom of the Spiders sighting. Beautiful.

Please forgive a very long post but I couldn't decide out of all these!

Dave Bowman: I don't know what you're talking about, HAL?
HAL: I know you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
Dave Bowman: Where the hell'd you get that idea, HAL?
HAL: Dave, although you took thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

- 2001: A Space Odyssey

Joel: Valentine's Day is a day invented by greeting card companies to make people feel like crap.

- Eternal Sunshine…

Phil: I'm a god. I'm not *the* God... I don't think.
and
Phil: What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?
Ralph: That about sums it up for me.
and.
Phil: Morons, your bus is leaving.

- Groundhog Day

Annie Wilkes: I am your number one fan. There is nothing to worry about. You are going to be just fine. I am your number one fan.

- Misery

Eli: Why would a reviewer make the point of saying someone's *not* a genius? Do you especially think I'm *not* a genius? You didn't even have to think about it, did you?
- The Royal Tenenbaums

First Superman movie...
Clark Kent's first appearance as Superman saving Lois as she falls out of a helicopter attempting a take off in bad weather....

Superman: "Don't worry Miss, I've got you."
Lois (wildly looking around whilst in Superman's arms plummeting down the side of a building): "Yeah, you've got me, but who's got You??"

I am paraphrasing maybe a bit, but thats just about what was said.

Re-watched "Spiderman 2" a couple of days ago, and this line is one of those you'll probably only hear in a Sam Raimi movie; a poignant moment taken down to earth (literally) by a really dumb pun. Hints of "Evil Dead II", even.

"I'M BACK! I'M BACK! I'M... aaaaaaaaah! My back... my back..."

Back