• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Line(s) from a movie?

curiouswonder

Picking just one is probably one of those impossible things that get asked in places like this, but there it is.
Mine? Today it's from The Shawshank Redemption when Andy says to Red. . .
"It comes down to a simple choice. Get busy livin' or get busy dying."

What about you?

curiouswonder said:
"It comes down to a simple choice. Get busy livin' or get busy dying."

I think that was ripped off from Dylan, "He who is not busy being born, is busy dying." (But maybe when you're as successful as Stephen King you earn the right to have it referred to as an "homage.")

"searching for a handle on the moment?"
men in black, kay to jay

or

"if i went around saying i was an emperor just because some watery bint lobbed a smitar at me, they'd put me away."-monty python and the holy grail

"You're the disease........I'm the cure."

moviecobra.jpg

Don't know why, just gotta love Sly.

Marsellus Walace: I'm prepared to scour the the Earth for that mother**cker. If Butch goes to Indochina, I want a *igger waiting in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in his ass.

Rick: If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
Ilsa: But what about us?
Rick: We'll always have Paris. We didn't have, we, we lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night.
Ilsa: When I said I would never leave you.
Rick: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid.

:cool: *mrkgnao*

"Who gives a shit what you believe? In thirty seconds you'll be dead, and I'll blow this place up and be home in time for Corn Flakes. " Vilos Cohaagen - Total Recall

What a terrific villain line. :D

"We need a witness to our lives. There are a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'."

- from the movie Shall We Dance.

Oh, so many good ones to choose from...

Right thing? If for one day everybody in Washington tried to do the right thing, you'd come into both houses of Congress there'd be mass suicide!

A few quotes from one of my favorite movies"

1. Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.

2. It's a Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.

3. In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns.

4. Tattaglia's a pimp. He never could've out-fought Santino. But I didn't know until this day that it was Barzini all along.

And finally:
5. I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

Fantasy Moon said:
Oh, so many good ones to choose from...

Right thing? If for one day everybody in Washington tried to do the right thing, you'd come into both houses of Congress there'd be mass suicide!

LOL-Great one!. I'll have to remember that one.:)

From "It Happened One Night" With Clark Gable (1934)

My all time favorite movie

Alexander Andrews: Oh, er, do you mind if I ask you a question, frankly? Do you love my daughter?
Peter Warne: Any guy that'd fall in love with your daughter ought to have his head examined.
Alexander Andrews: Now that's an evasion!
Peter Warne: She picked herself a perfect running mate - King Westley - the pill of the century! What she needs is a guy that'd take a sock at her once a day, whether it's coming to her or not. If you had half the brains you're supposed to have, you'd done it yourself, long ago.
Alexander Andrews: Do you love her?
Peter Warne: A normal human being couldn't live under the same roof with her without going nutty! She's my idea of nothing!
Alexander Andrews: I asked you a simple question! Do you love her?
Peter Warne: YES! But don't hold that against me, I'm a little screwy myself!

It Happened One Night

Ooo! I have lots:

"There's no crying in baseball!"
-Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a God you say YES!"
-Harold Ramis, Ghostbusters

"In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that, as far as we know, is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan."
-Narrator, A Christmas Story

"Dennis, our lives are in your hands and you have Butterfingers!?!
-Richard Attenborough, Jurassic Park

"Why does it say paper jam when there IS no paper jam!?! I swear to God, I... One of these days, I... I just... kick this piece of shit out the window!"
-Ajay Naidu, Office Space

"How many of them hormones you takin, honey?"
-Jessica Tandy, Fried Green Tomatoes

"You wanna throw up here or you wanna throw up in the car?
I think... both."
-Bill Murray and friend, Groundhog Day

"Our situation has not improved."
-Sean Connery, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Royal: Can't somebody be a shit their whole life and want to repair the damage? I mean,I think people want to hear that.

Margot: Do they?

Margot: You probably don't even know my middle name.

Royal: That's a trick question,you don't have one.

Margot: Helen.

Royal: That was my mothers name.

Margot: I know it was.

<3

" Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much *life*. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully. " Maude, from Harold and Maude

Back