• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Quotes

"She saw the light again. With some irony in her interrogation, for when one woke at all, one's relations changed, she looked at the steady light, the pitiless, the remorseless, which was so much her, yet so little her, which had her at its beck and call (she woke in the night and saw it bent across their bed, stroking the floor), but for all that she thought, watching it with fascination, hypnotised, as if it were stroking with its silver fingers some sealed vessel in her brain whose bursting would flood her with delight, she had known happiness, exquisite happiness, intense happiness, and it silvered the rough waves a little more brightly, as daylight faded, and the blue went out of the sea and it rolled in waves of pure lemon which curved and swelled and broke upon the beach and the ecstasy burst in her eyes and waves of pure delight raced over the floor of her mind and she felt, It is enough! It is enough! "

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

The one thing more difficult than following a regimen is not imposing it on others.

Desire makes everything blossom; possession makes everything wither and fade.

Marcel Proust

I'd say my favourite family guy quote, but it sure ain't appropriate so, heres my second favourite Quote ever: "You SUCK!" -Stewie Griffin! lol

Complete safety is under the water

"She saw the light again. With some irony in her interrogation, for when one woke at all, one's relations changed, she looked at the steady light, the pitiless, the remorseless, which was so much her, yet so little her, which had her at its beck and call (she woke in the night and saw it bent across their bed, stroking the floor), but for all that she thought, watching it with fascination, hypnotised, as if it were stroking with its silver fingers some sealed vessel in her brain whose bursting would flood her with delight, she had known happiness, exquisite happiness, intense happiness, and it silvered the rough waves a little more brightly, as daylight faded, and the blue went out of the sea and it rolled in waves of pure lemon which curved and swelled and broke upon the beach and the ecstasy burst in her eyes and waves of pure delight raced over the floor of her mind and she felt, It is enough! It is enough! "

Complete saftey is under the water. Drown, just like Virgina.

Nothing but a white lotus is left on the surface of the water... Maybe nothing at all, not even a small ripple.

...Ask yourself my love whether you are not very cruel to have so entrammelled me, so destroyed my freedom
-John Keats to Fanny Braune

i like it because it sounds so beautiful

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them! - Friedrich Nietzsche

Even the fear of death is nothing compared to the fear of not having lived authentically and fully. ----------Frances Moore Lappe

I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them. Jane Austen

Where so many hours have been spent in convincing myself that I am right, is there not some reason to fear I may be wrong?
Jane Austen

Opera is when a guy gets stabbed in the back and, instead of bleeding, he sings. Ed Gardner
:D

wish all a delightful day in Two-zero-zero-four! ;)

Cheers

watercrystal

watercrystal[I said:
I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them. [/I] Jane Austen

Ha ha! That sounds like something Morrissey would say! :D

It does rather!

My favourite quote at the moment is "I am a cook myself, and I cook better than I cook, if you see what I mean." from Tolkien's The Hobbit

watercrystal said:
hehe. your Morrissey again. ;) Enjoy your last couple of days in 2004. :p

Ah, if only he was my Morrissey! Thanks for the good wishes, Watercrystal. I shall be glad to see the back of 2004, and I hope 2005 will be a lot better. Happy New Year in advance to you! :)

I found another quote I really like:

"Who wakes in the wilderness when night is done
Fancying himself lord of all the land
May see what was not there at the set of the sun
And tremblingly will come to understand
The peril that has passed him in the dark–
Tracks... in the sand."

-Archibald Rutledge

''The past is but the beginning of a beginning, all that is and has been is but the twilight of the dawn'.... H. G. Wells
I like that one.

Jenem said:
...Ask yourself my love whether you are not very cruel to have so entrammelled me, so destroyed my freedom
-John Keats to Fanny Braune
that quote makes me sparkle like fresh seltzer.

Back