• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Quotes

It's not my favorite, but I was just watching a documentary on the history channel and this one stuck out...

"If it's not an act of God, it's a conspiracy."

Because none can ever wholly feel what another suffers-is that the reason why wars perpetually recur?

The Road Back by Erich Maria Remarque

The horizon was flat and absolute,the authentic edge of the world. This at last was the ocean.

from On The Night Plain by J. Robert Lennon

Searchlights harried the torn clouds like white dogs.

from A Time To Love And A Time To Die by Erich Maria Remarque

'the pheasants run up the air like stairs and the skylarks twirl upwards like paper ash from a fire'

from Underground by Tobias Bell.

The key to getting people to change their behavior, in other words, to care about their neighbor in distress, sometimes lies with the small details of their immediate situation.

-Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point

a recent quote I liked

Heres another one from the same book

"The Subtle circumstances surrounding how we say things may matter more than what we actually say", its from a portion of the book talking about how a study showed that nonverbal cues were more effective than verbal ones.

My favorite is in my signature. I have no idea to whom it should be attributed but I love it.
"No good deed goes unpunished." - Clare Boothe Luce
"Prohibit the taking of omens, and do away with superstitious doubts. Then, until death itself comes, no calamity need be feared. " - Sun Tzu
"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." - William Shakepeare
"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit." - William Shakespeare
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
"Words empty as the wind are best left unsaid. " - Homer
"People want to know why I do this, why I write such gross stuff. I like to tell them I have the heart of a small boy... and I keep it in a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be. " - Socrates
"As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain from smoking when awake." - Mark Twain
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." - Mark Twain
"May the bridges I burn light my way." - Not sure
"Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk." - Joaquin Setanti

The descending sun appeared as a nebulous blaze of amber light,it's outline being lost in cloudy masses hanging around it like wild locks of hair.

Under The Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy

"Reading novels is a deep and singular pleasure, a gripping and mysterious human activity that does not require any more moral or political justification than sex."
Philip Roth

'In the cold open country their laughter sounded like ice breaking.

"You know,these ain't bad people. They're just uneducated,unsophisticated,untraveled,immoral,and uncivilized. Plus stupid."

Both from The Missing by Tim Gautreaux

"Mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached." ~Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia regarding decision in Herrera v. Collins (1993)

I am really fond of reading books so my choice often changes with new edition comes from last month I liked the book Lord Of The Flies - by William Golding.

Post Your Favorite Quote's

Post your Favorite Quote's either if it came from a Book, Movie, Music, or just someone said it n made you feel very Inspired and Confident. I love quote's and I think this would be fun it can be positive,sarcastic but try to change the curse words if its in a quote, whichever mood ur in please post the person name with the Quotation you post. and please post one quote each time u post not all in one post give everyone a chance thanks.
I have many favorite Quotations but I will not list them all at one time cuz it makes the post boring when u do to much at one time atleast for myself to much of anything is no good n becomes boring and un interesting. just list threw your mood's this is a good way to see how everyone is feeling with out explaining how ur feeling, Quote's basically sum's up your moods.. I live by Quote's they make me feel Good,Inspired and make me realize I am not the only one who feel's this way.. =)

Life is meaningless only if we allow it to be. Each of us has the power to give life meaning, to make our time and our bodies and our words into instruments of love and hope.

- Tom Head

Back