• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favourite Discworld Character?

Fistandantilus

I know it really is hard to make up your mind, but who is your favorite Discworld Character? My favorite(s) are; Death, Nobby, Sam Vimes and Detrius (it really is difficult to make up your mind!:D)

I like Death, I like Cohen the Barbarian as well, but I think Rincewind is one of the great genre creations ever - I love the Discworld work. :)

Granny Weatherwax is the best!

I do like the Patrician, and share his view of mime. (Learn the words!)

I like all the Watch characters, but especially Nobby and Sam Vimes (my overall favourite, I think). I also like Vetinari (especially in his exchanges with Vimes), Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, her cat Greebo(?) and The Luggage. I'm not that keen on Rincewind - by the time you've read that he's running away for the 837th time it gets a bit tedious. And Death is too much of a cat lover for my liking. :D

Mort, Death's apprentice who seems to be built of knees.
Captain Carrot - so called not for his red hair but his vigorous shape.
Rimfall - OK, so it's not a character, as such. But wouldn't you love to be a waterfall on the edge of the world, and the water gets back "by arrangements" I love it.

Geoff

It is a hard choice but I would probably go for Death as well. As a main character or his cameo appearances he's always funny.

No prizes for guessing who my favourite is :D

I love the discworld books, pratchett is a genius, he must live in front of his PC. The amount of books he churns out is phenomenal :)

YAY! Terry Pratchett rocks!!
My favourite characters go as such;

1. Rincewind
2. The Luggage
3. The Librarian
4. Errol (the little dragon from Guards Guards)

Oh, I don't know - it would give you a good excuse to type all your posts in capitals, without everyone thinking you were just shouting!

I do like the librarian. I love the bit about "students going to find the librarian and tell him there is an orangutan in the library" i dont remember the quoute entirely, but i beleive that this appears in the * notes in several books.

Back