• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favourite King Movie, and Book

Real Great Idea

What is your favourite Stephen King book? Then, on the other end of that, what is your favourite King movie? My favourite Stephen King Movie would have to be "The Green Mile", but my favourite Novel would be "The Dark Half".

The Shawshank Redemption is my favorite King movie. My favorite book so far is The Drawing of the Three and The Stand.

The only King movies I've seen are The Secret Window and The Shawshank Redemption, so I guess The Secret Window is my favorite movie. My favorite book was Carrie, though, probably because I identified well with the torture she was put through.

I really liked the movie version of Pet Sematary. Outside of Dark Tower books, Desperation was my favorite.

The king book I most enjoyed would have to be the stand. The movie would be the Shining with jack nicholson, even though King never liked this adaptation of his book.

For the movies, I LOVE Shawshank and Stand By Me (I'm not sure which one I like more...) - but I didn't care for the short stories in which they were based (Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption & The Body)...

My favorite book by him is "It." But I also love The Dark Tower series (especially III: The Wastelands).

Favourite book is The Stand, and favourite movie is probably Stand By Me, or The Shawshank Redemption.

'Salem's Lot is my all-time favorite book, period. I love the characters, the story, and the all-consuming sense of dread that pervades throughout. My second favorite is The Shining.

As for my favorite King movie? That's harder to tell. I will always have a soft spot for the first TV-movie version of SL, although as time goes on it's harder and harder to sit through. The second version was very good also, but had its own problems. I also like both versions of The Shining.

Carrie is, IMO, the best translation of a King story to film to date. The Shawshank Redemption is also a very good film.

I can tell you that probably my least favorite King movie is Pet Sematary. The screenplay wasn't the problem there, it was the extremely poor casting of the leads (except for Fred Gwynne, who was perfect).

My favourite book is The Drawing of the Three (this is as far as I have got in the Dark Tower series - I'll be getting onto The Waste Lands very soon :D )

My favourite movie is The Shawshank Redemption

Let's not forget The King of Comedy, The Man Who Would Be King, King Rat, Working Girl, Guess Who's Talking, and Guess Who's Talking Part II!

Slightly off-topic, but here's some news about a Stephen King movie adaptation:

Peter Filardi is becoming the go-to guy for television horror adaptations. The FLATLINERS and THE CRAFT scribe cut his teeth on small-screen scares with 2004’s redux of ’SALEM’S LOT for TNT, and this summer he’s back with the network on THE ROAD VIRUS HEADS NORTH, one of eight Stephen King-based minimovies in the series NIGHTMARES AND DREAMSCAPES, which bows July 12.

During a panel discussion at Fango’s Weekend of Horrors in Burbank, Filardi dished a few details on some fresh projects he’s got in the works. On the King side, the writer told Fango he’s still developing a new televisualization of the author’s epic novel IT (previously done as a two-part ABC movie in 1990). Originally slated for TNT as a two-hour movie, IT has now caught the interest of the Sci Fi Channel, which wants to stretch it out (and rightfully so!) to a four-hour broadcast event. You may recall that early reports stated Filardi’s approach to the material would be to tell IT through the eyes of the character of Beverly Marsh.

My favourite King novel is "It", but the movie(telemovie,whatever it was) was awful for so many reasons that I won't begin to mention them here.

I liked "The Shining", both the Kubrick version and the version that King later wrote the screenplay for.

I think King's books are often made into crap movies because the filmmakers responsible tend to go for the cheap horror aspects of the stories rather than use King's superb character psychology to flesh out otherwise B-grade films.

Back