• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favourite Narnia Adventure? (and not so favourite)

dominicgaj

Of the seven books in C.S.Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia, which was your favourite?

Mine would be Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I enjoyed the story being broken down into a series of mini-adventures that occurred every few chapters or so. (including the fact that the adventures themselves were interesting) With regards to this aspect it was very similar to some of Enid Blyton's books. (Faraway Tree, Wishing Chair)

At the other end, I would rate "The Silver Chair" at the bottom of the list.

I didn't like any of them. I think I got up to the third book, and gave up. I didn't care for the movie either. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of fantasy. :rolleyes:

my favorite is a tie between "the magician's nephew" and "the horse and his boy"...which is annoying because as the last two of the series written they won't be made into movies for a very long time and will be the first ones cut if the films don't do well. In "magician's nephew" i really loved Digory as a character and I thought he was probably the most emotionally complex of the characters in any of the narnia book just because he deals with his mother's illness, the crazy uncle, and Lewis' version of the temptation in the garden.
"horse and his boy" was interesting to me because it all took place in the narnian world, even though it had almost nothing to do with narnia itself, and the development of the other cultures and countries (even though there is a clear bias against the more arabian-like culture).

my favorite is a tie between "the magician's nephew" and "the horse and his boy"...which is annoying because as the last two of the series written they won't be made into movies for a very long time and will be the first ones cut if the films don't do well. In "magician's nephew" i really loved Digory as a character and I thought he was probably the most emotionally complex of the characters in any of the narnia book just because he deals with his mother's illness, the crazy uncle, and Lewis' version of the temptation in the garden.

If the remaining movies perform as well as the first, we should see all seven completed at some stage. I'm figuring that "Dawn Treader" will have to be made next after "Prince Caspian" due to Edmund and Lucy being part of it (and a little older)

I agree with your comments about Digory as well. It will be interesting to see who is chosen to handle the role in the film. (Although at the rate the movies are being made it may be somebody who hasn't been born yet LOL!)

It's so hard to pick a favourite... Probably Voyage of the Dawn Treader or The Silver Chair. There will always be a special place in my heart for The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.

My least favourite is definitely The Last Battle. It came off a little too preachy in my opinion.

I agree with your comments about Digory as well. It will be interesting to see who is chosen to handle the role in the film. (Although at the rate the movies are being made it may be somebody who hasn't been born yet LOL!)

lol if they keep taking as long with each of the films i might actually have kids to take to the movies

I love them all, but not equally. I think Dawn Treader is at the top and probably The Silver Chair at the bottom. I'm sorry for those of you who can't appreciate Lewis, although I recognize that some may see his books as childish. A great writer, either way, though.

1. The Horse and His Boy
2. The Magician's Nephew
3. The Silver Chair

The Last Battle is last on the list.

I think The Lion The Witch and The Wadrobe would be my favourite simply because it was the first I read (and watched) and so began my love of the whole series!

I think my least fav would be either the Horse and the Boy but could well be The Silver Chair. I think the Silver Chair was my least favourite of the BBC series as well

My favorite is the Dawn Treader as well, but I do love the Silver Chair almost equally. The Horse and His Boy was probably my "least favorite", if it could be called such. Its all much like choosing between chocolate ice-cream and strawberry and vanilla, and saying which is my least favorite, when I love them all!

I liked Silver Chair.... the one that didn't really fit was least favorite......though much of the Last battle bothered me...especially in the audiobook...the voice doing the donkey bothered me.

I loved the lion the witch and the wardrobe and silver chair came down to the bottom too

Sent from my iPad using Book And Reader

Back