• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favourite Reading Places

lies said:
The noises on the bus/train/sub do tend to get annoying sometimes, but I've noticed that I'm a lot less focused on my reading when I'm listening to music. Besides, I have to keep an eye out for the ticket man anyway, so I can't really plug my discman in... I have a tendency not to hear anything when it's on, and the ticket men don't like that.

I can read on the bus/metro...but I cannot read with music, either. I get distracted by the music and all the sudden, I realize I've "read" a few pages without actually reading them and I have to flip back and read them again.

I read on the couch,bed and also at my favorite watering hole,I will sit at a table order a pint of Keiths and more often than not some woman will ask me what i'm reading.That's how I met my current girlfriend.

Martin said:
Good to hear Lies, I'm already looking forward to that vengeance!!

It's nothing to get too excited about though. ;)

VTChEwbecca said:
...and all the sudden, I realize I've "read" a few pages without actually reading them and I have to flip back and read them again.

Ah yes, I hate it when that happens.

During the week, I like to read on my lunchbreak and then at home on the couch in the evenings. I read in bed sometimes. ;) Then on weekends I like to go to coffee shops, bookstores and bookstores with coffee shops.

Anywhere, but mostly in the graveyard near my school, on the bus or in the bath. Also in bed anywhere in my house, walking down the street. Basically 24/7 :)

favourite reading place

for me it's the bath, hence my books tend to have warped pages - lol, i like to take a beer or a glass of wine in with me and just soak......ah bliss.

ksky

Usually in the bath, surrounded by bubbles (it's the only place I can get some peace and quiet ... or if I'm really lucky, sprawled on the sofa :rolleyes:

Back