• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

final fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII might very well be the best videogame ever released. Fantabulastic game. I'll check out the trailer in a minute, Michel.

Dermo - I've seen the FFVII demo for the PSIII, which they played at the E3. I didn't think it's gonna be rereleased, though. I thought it was simply a demonstration as to how good the graphics on the PSIII will look. Of course they're gonna pick the most popular game to demonstrate that. It looked awesome, by the way, and if they are going to rerelease it, I'm all for it!

Cheers

Has there ever been a good movie based on a computer game or a good computer game based on a movie?

No, not really. I liked the Resident Evil films, but that's only because I have a weak spot for ridiculously bad horror flicks.

Cheers

I would have to agree that Final Fantasy VII is the best of the series and quite possibly the best game ever created. The most fun, however, would be Final Fantasy III for the SNES (I think it was called FF5 oversees?). I would buy the PS3 just for a re-release.

between my brother and myself, we own every single FF game ever released (admittedly, he's got the most of 'em), except for the 'Crystal Chronicles' on the GameCube. As soon as I'm done graduating, I'll be spending massive amounts playing these games again.

It truly is an amazing series, parallelled only by the Zelda series.

Cheers

Martin said:
...parallelled only by the Zelda series.
Yes... paralleled is a good word. Those two series are my favorites. I have played each game of each series at least a dozen times apiece. Crystal Chronicles is addictive, just like FF Tactics. They is no major story told in those, but they are fun nonetheless.

paralleled is a good word
It is. Though, parallelled is an even better word. But that's due to my British inclination.

I don't think FF Tactics has been released here, because I've never heard of it, to be honest. FFX rocked my socks off, though.

I'm eagerly awaiting The Legend of Zelda; The Twilight Princess, which will be released for the Cube at the end of '05.

Cheers

Zolipara said:
Has there ever been a good movie based on a computer game or a good computer game based on a movie?

i think the only decent movie based on a videogame so far is final fantasy.
other probable candidate would be "the last starfighter" probably because i saw that one when i was a kid, and im not really sure its actually based on a videogame.

as for videogames based on movies, im sure there must be some good, like the james bond ones for ps2, i cant think about some good videogames based on books like the ones based on tom clacy's books, or the parasite eve videogame, intended as a second part of the book of the same name

im a great zelda fan too, my favorite is zelda 3

wat about

a few star wars games were good (episode three) and the lord of the rings games were good too so mayby not all games based on movies are terrible

Best games ever=great movie

I think that final fantasy is the best series of games ever to exist (wouldnt a lot of them be great in books :D) I thought that the spirits within was a very good movie and it is still one of my favourites. Three people have told me they dislike it because it didnt make "big bucks". I cannot wait for Advent Children, i have watched every trailer and it looks mind-blowing.

tell me why someone would think the movie they saw was better or worse just because of the amount of money it grossed at the box office.

Fistandantilus said:
I think many people dislike it because it didnt make "big bucks".

NOT my opinoin thank you

i do not share this opinion, this is an opinion voiced to me by three people, maybe i should have worded that differently...

I dont know

As to why they hold this conviction I do not know- I cannot answer for them as I said i do not hold this opinion I loved the movie.

uh, dude, relax. I never said it was your opinion. it just appeared that you thought the reason most people hated it was because it didn't make "big bucks", when it probably had more to do with it being a crappy movie. I don't really care, but if you like final fantasy so much, then why don't you marry it?

Back