• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

final fantasy VII

thanks for clearing that up, direstraits. I haven't even read the constitution, but I can imagine it would piss god and a lot of other people off if fistandantilus married his favorite movie. ow he'd probably go to hell for it.

You're probably right.

I haven't read the constitution either, but thought it would be fun to use the word 'constitutional.'

Frankly I'd like to see marriages between man and movie allowed - it sure is a lot more fun than the other disputed marriage arrangements.

ds

Why would I want to...

Come on now, even if it was remotely within the law, why would I want to marry a video game series? It really would not be a clever idea, and the spirits within was not a bad movie!

Or a movie for that matter; I love reading, but a am not wedded to a book bobbyburns; a thoroughly impractical and well, dumb idea :D

Final Fantasy games are addictive (though I never could get into Crystal Chronicles) and Zelda games even more so (please - no classing the wind waker as a Zelda game) but no one has mentioned Tales of Symphonia. I know it's not a series, but it's been ages since a game's lasted this long for me.

Mr_Michel I've never watched the Final Fantasy film as I feared it may be akin to Street Figter or Super Mario Brothers, have I missed out 0on something that genuinely is worth watching?

Also, the FF games all blend into one after a while, which one is VII? Is that the one with Sephiroth?

mr_michel said:
as for videogames based on movies, im sure there must be some good, like the james bond ones for ps2
The LOTR games are fairly good. I've never been a big fan on FF but Zelda was great :D

In the FF series I've played a bit of FF X, as well as a lot of Crystal Chronicles. My partner is obsessed enough to own both a PS2 and a GameCube, and we both have GBAs. I'm not a big video game fan, and less so of role playing games. But I really loved Kingdom Hearts - the only game I ever had the patience/interest to complete. I'm really looking forward to the second one coming out. This seems a pertinent question for you FF fans - what did you think of this game?

Sar said:
Mr_Michel I've never watched the Final Fantasy film as I feared it may be akin to Street Figter or Super Mario Brothers, have I missed out 0on something that genuinely is worth watching?

final fantasy is a good movie, i guess the reason why many peeps were dissapointed is because they were expecting something similar to the games (specially the VII ) and its quite different but it takes on the gaia concept
its a so-so to good script, but the real star are the graphics, and its very worthy to see it

Didnt like it much

But I really loved Kingdom Hearts - the only game I ever had the patience/interest to complete. I'm really looking forward to the second one coming out. This seems a pertinent question for you FF fans - what did you think of this game?

I didnt like it. It mixed something serious and impressive like final fantasy and mixed it with the light-hearted disney characters (not that I have anything against disney :D) I have not played much of the game, but this is only my opinion (at least there were moogles in it :D) give me Final Fantasy or Baten Kaitos any day. I didin't like The Crystal Chronicles much either- this is probably because I prefer the classic turn-based final fantasy battle style (I prefer turn-based in genral) but the game did show off the potential of the gamecubes graphics, especially when crossing the miasma stream when the protection sheild surrounds your character. What do you think of Baten Kaitos? It doesn't quite match up to FF but it is a great game. oh and yes FF7 is the one with sephiroth (coolest bad guy ever :D)

I might try checking out the FF film at some point then, even if it's just to check out someone else's interpretation of that world.

Kookamoor said:
II'm not a big video game fan, and less so of role playing games. But I really loved Kingdom Hearts - the only game I ever had the patience/interest to complete. I'm really looking forward to the second one coming out. This seems a pertinent question for you FF fans - what did you think of this game?

*looks embarrassed* I have a sinful confession to make ... I don't own a PS2 *hides head in shame* That said, IGN seem to think very highly of it.

I agree Fistandantilus, Crystal Chronicles did show off the game cube's capabilities well, but I sat down & absolutely flew through that game. I'm from the old school of gaming where it's all about gameplay rather then graphics, so things like that merely disappoint me. To me, if a game is too easy I just don't want to know about it. I haven't tried, or before your post even heard of, Baten Kaitos yet, though looking at the review I would definately consider giving it a go. I am really starting to struggle to find decent games on the Game Cube, particularly as I'm so darn fussy over what I will & won't play.

I agree with fistandantilus ff7 has to be the gr8est game of all time and games like crystal chronicals and kingdom hearts are substandard to the story of ff7
WOOHOOO come on sephiroth (he was so cool and evil)

ok i get the point: kingdom of hearts is not as good as ff7, but then ff7 is the best game ever.
but lets pretend that the question wasnt what do you guys think of kingdom hearts in comparision with ff7, and was just what do you think of kingdom hearts?

i think it was pretty nice and enterteining, keeped me interested on the plot, nice graphics and they were smart enought to include some funny moments with the disney gang :)

Fistandantilus said:
I didnt like it. It mixed something serious and impressive like final fantasy and mixed it with the light-hearted disney characters (not that I have anything against disney :D) I have not played much of the game, but this is only my opinion (at least there were moogles in it :D)
It was lighthearted to a point, I think. There was a deeper side to the game, though, like where did their world go? And what does it mean that darkness is spreading in their hearts? But I think that'll be explored more in the second one. The fluffy disney characters are fun, though, and put a different spin on things - there's similar humour in other turn-based games like ShadowHearts. I must say I prefer non-turn based games, usually, although I'm enjoying it for the first time in FF X. Oh, and Sephiroth also plays a cameo in this one, and he's a right bitch to defeat too - any bad guy with his own theme music is cool :D .

As to Crystal Chronicles, I've only played it in 2 player mode with GBAs. I think this makes it a little more challenging because you have challenges like completing a world using only Spell Fusion, or only Physical Attacks, etc. The more points you score, the more likely you will receive better articles at the end of a level. Oh, and I'm a big fan of good graphics, so it gets 2 thumbs up from me there!

Back