• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Finding Used Books

dmbgg

I have a list of books I am trying to find. I would like to get them all used and if I could combine the shipping for just one shipping cost.

Here is the list, make suggestions to where I could find pretty much all of these for reasonable prices and same shipper.

-Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer
-Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
-The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
-Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
-The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
-The Lord of the Rings Series (pref. one volume edition, but just looking for full series of books) by JRR Tolkien
-The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
-Animal Farm by George Orwell
-1984 by George Orwell

Thanks.

I would check half.com. Search for a couple of them and when the search results come back, you will probably be able to see that a some of the sellers have thousands of books for sale. Either click on their link to go to their "store" or you might be able to contact them directly. Good luck.

These are all pretty common books, it shouldn't be hard for you to find any of them at a local used bookshop.

These are all pretty common books, it shouldn't be hard for you to find any of them at a local used bookshop.

It's been my experience that the "classics" are the first to be sold in a used bookstore.

Have you tried Amazon used books? Buy from the same dealer and they'll combine shipping.

I have a list of books I am trying to find. I would like
-The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
-The Lord of the Rings Series (pref. one volume edition, but just looking for full series of books) by JRR Tolkien

Thanks.

I saw those in some 2nd hand store next to 99 cents mart. The Hobbit was a large print in paperback with nice pictures. I would have bought it but I already have a hardcover. I did pick up Poisonwood Bible. :)

Back