• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fireworks

RainbowGurl

In my area I do beleive many people have started to celerbrate Bonfire night in September instead of November because everynight around my area they are letting off fireworks! :mad:

Its like that by me as well from sept till xmas! Fireworks should be kept to displays only! And then no one gets hurt!

ruby said:
Fireworks should be kept to displays only! And then no one gets hurt!

Totally agree, they are effectively small bombs and very dangerous.

Let me tell you a story :D
Back in July it was about midnight and we heard this firework going off, one of those roman candle things.
I'm not exaggerating it was so loud you could hear it from miles away :mad:

Anyway because it was late and because they were loud we thought we would politely ask them to save their fireworks for another day.
However when we got there we found that this fiorework had set fire to his neighbour's shed. The owner of the shed had tried to put the fire out but ended up being overcome by smoke.
He was taken to hospital with breathing difficulites but thankfully was realeased the next day.

Buy hey fireworks are only 'a bit of fun' aren't they :mad: :mad: :mad:

And how many fires are started by kids playing with matches and/or lighters? How many fires are started by adults throwing cigarette butts out thier car windows, or dropping them into garbage cans while still burning? How many fires are started by adults who forget about a burning candle, or by leaving a stove unattended for some period of time? How many fires are started by dirty chimneys? How many fires are started by careless campers?

Fireworks are not dangerous....people are dangerous.

Rincewind said:
Of course they are dangerous, they exlpode for heavens sake :rolleyes:

So does gasoline...

It's calculated risk that makes life worth living....just about everything you do has some kind of risk associated with it. Fireworks in the wrong hands can be dangerous, but so can a car.

Do accidents happen even with the most experienced, and the most responcible? Sure. But you can say that about anything can't you?

ruby said:
Its like that by me as well from sept till xmas! Fireworks should be kept to displays only! And then no one gets hurt!

Damn well said that person! Fireworks are for hippies anyway - all that 'ooooh' and 'aaaaahh' non-sense from the crowds. It's just an explosion - get over it!

CDA said:
Damn well said that person! Fireworks are for hippies anyway - all that 'ooooh' and 'aaaaahh' non-sense from the crowds. It's just an explosion - get over it!
Would you say its just an explosion if one went off in your face? Or would you just get over it?

ruby said:
Would you say its just an explosion if one went off in your face? Or would you just get over it?

i think you miss the point of my post. I'm talking about when they are UP IN THE SKY and NOT thrown around by IDIOTS.

Honest accidents do happen, but the most dangerous thing about fireworks is that the people that use them don’t follow directions.

We can’t outlaw or limit everything that you can’t make idiot-proof. Should we outlaw skiing because people get killed running into trees? Should we outlaw boating because people aren’t smart enough to stay ashore in a storm? Where should a society set limits for safety?

Robert said:
Honest accidents do happen, but the most dangerous thing about fireworks is that the people that use them don’t follow directions.

We can’t outlaw or limit everything that you can’t make idiot-proof. Should we outlaw skiing because people get killed running into trees? Should we outlaw boating because people aren’t smart enough to stay ashore in a storm? Where should a society set limits for safety?

I don't care if some moron blows his hand off with a firework. what needs to be stopped is people injuring others with them.

CDA said:
I don't care if some moron blows his hand off with a firework. what needs to be stopped is people injuring others with them.

How often does that really happen....and then compare it with sports injuries....

Motokid said:
How often does that really happen....and then compare it with sports injuries....
It happens 1 to many times in this country on bonfire night!

CDA said:

I would agree that proper precautions should be taken.

ruby said:
It happens 1 to many times in this country on bonfire night!

Darwin......Darwin.....

If those idiots were not hurting themselves and others with fireworks they would surely be doing it some other way.

Back