• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fireworks

Zolipara said:
To use your tactic on your statement:

We should legalize all drugs. It would create lots of jobs and many people find it fun to use drugs.
You forgot "And how many Beatles albums were inspired by a Roman Candle?"

Zolipara said:
To use your tactic on your statement:

We should legalize all drugs. It would create lots of jobs and many people find it fun to use drugs.

Some would say that government intervention, taxes, less stress on the police, less crowding in prison, business licenses, and control over the manufacturing and distribution of the drug products would be a major benefit to all mankind....

Especially since the "War on Drugs" is working so well.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if i wanna be naive, i will say i will want to try drugs. since so many tried before..

but my mind now tells me, drugs are bad for health and it will spoils the beauty in the skin and face.

Hey! I still wanna look pretty... and adorable.

So getting back on track here....what is the major complaint about fireworks?

The noise?
The risk of fire?
The risk of injury?

Cause most people sure love to look at them.....

Motokid said:
tell me why a bicycle is a neccessity.....

It may be hard to understand but in this country some people *shock horror* don't drive.
They rely on a bicycle to get to work or to visit friends. For some people it's their only means of transport.
Children who are not old enough to drive a car use them too.

Fireworks most surely are fun....and a bicycle is either a choice of transportation, or a convienience. Walking is always an option as is the bus, or taxi, or carpool, or (as you mentioned) roller skates, rollerblades, scooter....

Rincewind said:
They are not fun :mad:

Fireworks may not be fun to you, but they are great fun for me. And for the record, I have never burned so much as a blade of grass.

Robert said:
Fireworks may not be fun to you, but they are great fun for me. And for the record, I have never burned so much as a blade of grass.

I burned a blade of grass once. It had it coming, though.

stupid grass

I would LOVE to know who the f*** has the right to say that something should be banned because they don't think it is fun or necessary??? I will make my own decisions, thank you very much.

leckert said:
I burned a blade of grass once. It had it coming, though.

stupid grass

I would LOVE to know who the f*** has the right to say that something should be banned because they don't think it is fun or necessary??? I will make my own decisions, thank you very much.

That's exactly right, leckert.

Motokid said:
....and a bicycle is either a choice of transportation, or a convienience. Walking is always an option as is the bus, or taxi, or carpool, or (as you mentioned) roller skates, rollerblades, scooter....
Actually I think Rincewind has a point here and it would do you credit to conceed that for many people a bicycle is a neccessity.
We did'nt have a car until I was 18, and when I first started school the only way my mother could get me there in time to hold down one of her two jobs was on the back of her bike; we couldn't afford the bus, let alone the taxi.
I agree with most of what you say on this topic but I find the above quote a rather crass statement to make considering the reasonable point that Rincewind had made.

Regards,

K-S

Kenny Shovel said:
Actually I think Rincewind has a point here and it would do you credit to conceed that for many people a bicycle is a neccessity.
We did'nt have a car until I was 18, and when I first started school the only way my mother could get me there in time to hold down one of her two jobs was on the back of her bike; we couldn't afford the bus, let alone the taxi.
I agree with most of what you say on this topic but I find the above quote a rather crass statement to make considering the reasonable point that Rincewind had made.

Regards,

K-S

Excuse me...I believe that I merely made a blanket statement to offer up an opposing position to her blanket statement....to huge portions of the population of this world a bicycle is not a neccessity. Huge portions.....I realize some people need them....some people need the income from making and selling fireworks too...

Motokid said:
Excuse me...I believe that I merely made a blanket statement to offer up an opposing position to her blanket statement....
I retract 'crass statement', that was posted more through emotion than anything.
But you asked 'tell me why a bicycle is a neccessity', hopefully my post gave you an answer.
Motokid said:
....to huge portions of the population of this world a bicycle is not a neccessity. Huge portions.....I realize some people need them...
Yes, some of us did, thanks for your understanding.

Kenny Shovel said:
I retract 'crass statement', that was posted more through emotion than anything.
But you asked 'tell me why a bicycle is a neccessity', hopefully my post gave you an answer.
Yes, some of us did, thanks for your understanding.

Now that we have that settled....could one of you try to explain why, who and how entertainment, fun, and general happiness are also not neccessities in life?

Do we need music? Do we need art? Do we need dance? Do we need comedy? Do we need movies? I mean come on....none of these things really does anything important for mankind do they? All this happiness business is so over rated.....

Motokid said:
Now that we have that settled....could one of you try to explain why, who and how entertainment, fun, and general happiness are also not neccessities in life?

Do we need music? Do we need art? Do we need dance? Do we need comedy? Do we need movies? I mean come on....none of these things really does anything important for mankind do they? All this happiness business is so over rated.....
Life would get a bit boring without some of these! :)

ruby said:

yep...and man-o-man do I get a major kick out of lighting off some fireworks every now and then.....usually at the beach...sending said sparks and fire causing rockets and morters out over the vast Atlantic Ocean....

and my kids love it too, and so do most of the people who stop to watch, and clap depending on the aerial asault I set forth.....

I got some cool bottle rockets that scream into the sky...send out crackling, dancing sparks and emit a nice loud report.....great fun.....

ruby said:

I saw a guy twist an ankle doing the Charlie Brown, then he fell into another guy, putting a bruise on his leg.

I think we should outlaw such a dangerous and unnecessary activity as dancing.

It just isn't worth the risk.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
and 8 other characters
fireworksanimation1.gif

Back