• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

food anyone?

Originally posted by blackstar
Especially Mr Whippy from the ice-cream van!:)

I agree with you!! :D

I didn't enjoyed to eat Indian food, it is too much for me and my stomach! I have tried it but it didn't suit me. My stomach must be sensitive!! :rolleyes:

What exactly is "Mr. Whippy" from the ice-cream van?

Whatever it is, we don't have it in this part of the world.

OK if its about icecream, Legends- double chocolate brownie delight....perfect comfort food! Now my favourute meal food is Thai, I love the perfect combination of spices that make the food warm , but not hot, enhancing the ingredients so you seem to taste each one and each mouthful brings you a new sensation.

Had Chinese Curry tonight - yum! :p

My current favorite Ice Cream is Cookies and Cream, which is gorgeous :D

Originally posted by Ell

Whatever it is, we don't have it in this part of the world.

You can see the picture of Mr Whippy ice cream van. Mr Whippy

Mr Whippy is a famous ice cream- a white ice cream with cone.

Ell if you ever come to the UK I will treat you to one they are just yummy.

Kaz lots of people say that about Indian food but if it's made well it won't upset your stomach at all. Sounds like I should treat you to a nice home made curry (mild I promise!). Curry and Mr Whippy ice-cream all round! :)

Jillean I really love Thai food purely because it's got a sweet aftertaste probably something to do with my sweet tooth!

Kaz, thanks for the picture of the Mr. Whippy van. It's similar to ice cream vans we have here, but Mr. Whippy's looks much nicer (ours are old and grubby-looking). Do they go around the neighbourhood or are they just at country fairs, etc.?

blackstar, thanks for the offer. Sounds like I'll have to try a Mr. Whippy's ice cream if I ever get to the UK.

I like curry, too. Come to think of it, there's not much I don't like! :D

In Britain we have Ice Cream Vans that travel around the neighbourhood, especially in the summer and near schools at closing time.

The ultimate Mr. Whippy though is the 99 - a Mr. Whippy with a Cadbury's Flake stuck into it!! :p

Phil

Who needs Mr Whippy when you can have a slice of Chocolate Toffee Mousse? "Crunchy bits of toffee floating in a cloud of Kahlua-infused chocolate mousse." On a bed of darkest chocolate crumb crust. Then again, I've never had a Mr Whippy.

I hate Ice Cream Vans. The melody which accompanies their arrivals is SO silly and annoying...at least here.

oh I love icecream vans they make me feel like a kid again. They didn't come to my neighbourhood that often so I didn't get a chance to build up a dislike to the noise, it was always a special treat. I have recently discovered another favourite cuisine, macaunese, from Macau, it is this really great marriage of portugese and chinese, lots of great curries..
Blackstar, thai is still the fave though, potato and chicken in yellow curry...

....ohhh and coconut rice with king prawns *drool* Macaunese sounds interesting too.

Serene you've never had a Mr Whippy either (Although I am a huge fan of anything moussey)?? That's it we have to have a Mr Whippy get together for everyone on the board! Idun I'm sure you can put up with the terrible melodies once you have one!

I really like Spanish tapas food too because there's just so much variety in one meal!

I like BBQ. Every summer, most weekends my family always get together to have BBQ. Anybody here like BBQ?

I love a BBQ, we have a few every summer, its a great chance to sit around and chat with friends and family whilst getting a great meal - i love burgers, sausages, steak, chicken on it - you have anything else on yours??

Phil

blackstar - from what you all write here I suppose that Mr. Whippy would definitely sweeten the necessity of listening to the awful melody of an icecream van, but, it would still be heard.

You can never have everything.:(

Barbecues are fantastic, as long as things aren't burnt! I've tried fish and king prawns on a bbq but nothing beats marinated chicken on a barbecue.

True Idun we can't have everything but hey you've got to taste the bitter to really appreciate the sweet (or something like that!).

I love chickenburger, sausages ( different flavours) and lamb with marintaed on top. Yummy!! Sometimes I like spare ribs as well.

Caution: possible insensitive joke.

Our local Mr Whippy man was found dead in the back of his truck, covered with hundreds-and-thousands. Police think that he topped himself.

Well, you were warned.

I hope I don't have to explain what hundreds-and-thousands are.

Back