• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

For all you Radiohead fans out there.

See I always thought people liked radiohead because they liked to have a nice selection of music to kill themselves to? But what bobbys saying is it's an extension of the life-long popularity contest I find myself in. Hmm.

I wish that were true. people from my high school were so lame, they had listening parties everytime a new radiohead album came out. they knew how to have fun, but keep it cool.

bobbyburns said:
people from my high school were so lame, they had listening parties everytime a new radiohead album came out.

That is lame.

But the brilliance of the band or musician is only half of what constitutes a favourite for me. In addition to quality or genius, they have to hold some sort of emotional or personal significance for me as well. For example, Radiohead represent my life as a 17 year old to me. Similarly, Nirvana belong to the me as a 14 year old.

I don't listen to either of these bands now, almost never. I understand their artistic shortcomings or whatever, I can easily see that Sonic Youth are much better than Nirvana and Radiohead, but their presence in those certain parts of my life are appreciated, so I like them.

Come to think of it, I almost wish I had people as lame as that in my year: everyone liked Usher and Chingy. I'm talking guys here.

munro said:
That is lame.

But the brilliance of the band or musician is only half of what constitutes a favourite for me. In addition to quality or genius, they have to hold some sort of emotional or personal significance for me as well. For example, Radiohead represent my life as a 17 year old to me. Similarly, Nirvana belong to the me as a 14 year old.

I don't listen to either of these bands now, almost never. I understand their artistic shortcomings or whatever, I can easily see that Sonic Youth are much better than Nirvana and Radiohead, but their presence in those certain parts of my life are appreciated, so I like them.

same here - and same for the bands you mention (we must be almost same age.) the Pixies absolutely defined my 16 year summer. The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Beastie Boys, Jane's Addiction. I love them all and they may have their shortcomings but I don't care!

Back