• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

For the automotivated ones

Whats your taste?

• Total voters

lahondas

So I got an idea, whats evryones favorite car. Some like power, some class, some originality, some affordable. for me a sporty classic with a good ass compressor in its belly! ;)

lahondas said:
for me a sporty classic with a good ass compressor in its belly! ;)

It squashes donkeys and/or bottoms in its tummy? Do cars even have tummies? :confused:

I like the Pluriel. I know it's a sad car to like, but it's pretty and it's like a little transformer.

my car
i have this BMW 325 xi, but in navy.... it was affordable, not so quick but pretty safe. it handles ok, drives pretty smooth. :cool:

The Car I hankered after most since when I was 15 was The Porsche 911 Turbo. For years as a Kid I'd rememeber the comforting noise my fathers VW beetle/Bug made and when I found out about the link between the VW Beetle and the air cooled rear engines Porsche 911 I'd already fallen.
The 911 is TOTALLY WRONG from an engineering point of view, the engine is in the wrong place, its air cooled for Gods sake, but some how the stubborn engineers have transcended all this and managed to develop a world beater- there is NOTHING quite like it! Unlike Ferraris you can use a Porsche every day and they don't depreciate much. Anyway about a month ago I bought a very clean silver 1995 911 Turbo, four wheel drive, 450 Bhp, (my fathers VW Beetle was silver too) and even the engine thrum takes me back to my child hood a little bit. If anything the car is TOOO fast.....you're left hanging onto te steering wheel! The engine doesn't "Sing" like a BMW- but shouts and shriks agressively....makes its presence known.

The first car I ever did buy when I was 17 -way back in 1990- was a late 1970s BMW 323i, which I still own and have practically rebuilt and redeveloped myself. I am probably more sentimentally atttached to this car then the Porsche. While all the teenagers would drive around in awefully unreliable British budget stuff poking fun at me (BMWs - when unfashionably old- are very cheap over here)- now my car is probably the only car running....with no rust....

I've owned all sorts of cars, I usually take home one kind of Jaguar or another from work and i've also owned Italian cars ( usually terribly unreliable!) and even some American Muscle....

Marquis Rex said:
The Car I hankered after most since when I was 15 was The Porsche 911 Turbo. For years as a Kid I'd rememeber the comforting noise my fathers VW beetle/Bug made and when I found out about the link between the VW Beetle and the air cooled rear engines Porsche 911 I'd already fallen.
The 911 is TOTALLY WRONG from an engineering point of view, the engine is in the wrong place, its air cooled for Gods sake, but some how the stubborn engineers have transcended all this and managed to develop a world beater- there is NOTHING quite like it! Unlike Ferraris you can use a Porsche every day and they don't depreciate much. Anyway about a month ago I bought a very clean silver 1995 911 Turbo, four wheel drive, 450 Bhp, (my fathers VW Beetle was silver too) and even the engine thrum takes me back to my child hood a little bit. If anything the car is TOOO fast.....you're left hanging onto te steering wheel! The engine doesn't "Sing" like a BMW- but shouts and shriks agressively....makes its presence known.

The first car I ever did buy when I was 17 -way back in 1990- was a late 1970s BMW 323i, which I still own and have practically rebuilt and redeveloped myself. I am probably more sentimentally atttached to this car then the Porsche. While all the teenagers would drive around in awefully unreliable British budget stuff poking fun at me (BMWs - when unfashionably old- are very cheap over here)- now my car is probably the only car running....with no rust....

I've owned all sorts of cars, I usually take home one kind of Jaguar or another from work and i've also owned Italian cars ( usually terribly unreliable!) and even some American Muscle....
wow totally impressed! you had a great deal of power cars!
ya know i once for only 9 months, owned a very beautiful deep wine colored Mazda Miata MX-5, ABS, A/C, manual 5 speed... uh great black leather interior...i think it was a 2000, now a friend traded it with my nissan mazda, it was a sweet 9 months baby! i gotta tell ya, i did not want to give it back. but he told me he wasnt used to the way my nissan handled so we retraded.
i think it had 12000 miles before we traded, it was a dream and pleasure to drive....

Lahondas, yeah, well cars are about the only thing I have left in my life *L*

I once rememeber seeing an advert for Porsche

It read something like

" Some seek comfort in Religion,
Others in Drink,
Porsche Engineers find it in a rear axle"

I thought it was funny, but quite appropriate, as I tend to "Burrow" into cars and my work when things get gloomy, but the same could be said about my writing and Sci Fi I suppose...

nice quote: yeah i always go for a drive when im in a gloom, there aint nothin like a convertible top down ride with a perfect 78 degrees, a lil wind in my hair....you just feel better. i also tend to wax my car alot when i have alot on my mind, its calming, you buff you sigh, its all good/

When I'm rich I think I'll go for one of those Porsche supercars they just came out with, but until then, I'm quite happy in my VW Cabrio.

lahondas said:
if i was rich id pay someone to build me a porsche/mercedes/suv build. if it would be possible.

The way the bloody industry is going they're probably going to be sharing the same platform and engine before long- so it shouldn't be too difficult! *sighes*

Better not continue else I'll become a cynic! *LOL*

yeah that or either ford will try to make a power biuld that has a hemmy or some sort of fun engine name. and called it the ford third. that being they made it from 3 diff cars, or that being they had 3 guys think it up while drinkin...

Martin said:
You don't have enough options.

Give me my Mini any day of the week.

Cheers, Martin

So you like bouncing around and listening to high frequeny gear whine before hanging out at the hard shoulder? :D
*hee hee*
Make sure you pack your overalls
:p

lahondas said:
well if something is called "mini" its not gonna have alot of character...

Haven't you ever heard that good things come in small packages?

Besides, I think he meant that it BUILDS character. :D

When I was about 11, my best friends mum had a red mini. It was great, except I was invariably required to sit in the back thus developing the flexibility of a contortionist. Also the speakers were in the back of the car, so I was also deafened by radio 4 wherever we went. Aaaah fond mini memories. I quite like the interior of the new minis, although they look a bit... well... big - heh. And I don't like the ones with strange patterns on the roof. Beetles!

Nicola said:
A Hummer or a BMW X5 - both unaffordable :rolleyes: but, hey, I can dream can't I?

I've always wanted a black Diablo - no chance of that though - it's slightly out of my price range! :rolleyes: So i'll just have to stick with wanting a Grand Cherokee instead :)

Back