• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Foreign reading?

AEK

Anybody studying (or just love) another language and reading anything interesting?

My weakness in French. Does anyone have any good book recommendations?

en Francais

I loved a book called l'Abyssian by Jean-Christophe Rufin -in french and a good English translation exist;sort of a mousquetaire book in Egypte,en route to Abyssinie
then sauber Ispahan the suite of the same autor
enjoy

Anybody studying (or just love) another language and reading anything interesting?

My weakness in French. Does anyone have any good book recommendations?

What kind of books are you interested in, apart from them being written in a foreign language?

French: Any play by Sartre is a good read if you are into "deep" stuff; those crime novels by San Antonio if you are into thrillers; and of course those Franquin comics (Gaston Lagaffe) are quite priceless.

san antonio !!you would have to live in france for at least 20 years to start comprending then.Pure,heavy,home brewed slang.good luck

Anything my Moliere.

I also read Le Mort d'Arthur in French in high school. For some reason my English teacher frowned upon this.:rolleyes:

The deep stuff is good, but I also enjoy just fun reads about anything pretty much. Romance, mystery, drama.

I just checked out some of those comics and they were too cute.

Most of mine either come from Amazon or Borders/Waldenbooks. I get discounts from both them for buying entirely too much from them.

Back