• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fragile newbie!

Hi guys!
My name is Scarlet - I will be twenty-four in July. I'm a huge bookworm. I sleep, eat, and breathe books. If I'm not reading one, I'm thinking about books, and so on. I've been a big fan of reading since I was a little kid ; and my parents always found it strange, because they both disliked reading themselves. I suffer from severe depression and have since I was in elementary school - was officially diagnosed and have been trying medication after medication since I was 13 - aka when I grew balls and spoke to my Doctor alone about my concerns. It got worse, and more severe when my Mother passed away in June 2010.
I'm a strange one. I'm not really one "type" of person. I like rap, reading, video games, comedies. I can be girly, though I guess for the most part, I'm a tomboy - or I guess, some people word it as: "a man stuck in a womans body." haha I have an Ungodly, unhealthy, creepy obsession with Lil' Wayne (kind of like books - I sleep, eat, and breathe Lil' Wayne). I'm a text-a-holic. I drink socially, smoke cigarettes & marijuana. I'm tattooed, and pierced. I love Hello Kitty.
I don't have a specific genre of literature I enjoy, and I read 99% of books recommended to me. I will usually go to the Library first, and see if I can manage to read through the first chapter or two, and if I enjoy it, I wind up going and buying them. I have a low budget, so of course I'm not able to buy books as often as I'd like!
Anyway, I thought I would check google tonight to possibly find a place I can talk with other mature adults maybe not just about books and reading, but about anything in general, and maybe if I'm lucky, make some awesome friends along the way! :)
- Scarlet

Hi and Welcome Scarlet. I like to read around the 'circle', so to speak, too. It only makes sense if one has a lot of different interests. Besides, one good book leads to another...

Back