• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Frank McCourt

graydaisy

I just met Frank McCourt. He came to my writing workshop at my university. He was amazing. He spoke about technique and inspiration and I am thrilled to the bone with having met him. I only recently started reading "Angela's Ashes." I think it's brilliant.

I've just finished reading 'Teacher Man,' his third book. I've loved all three.

His writing gives me a high. He must be a wonderful man, I so envy you.

But what can say to someone you admire so much?:confused:

'Err um, hi, err um I really love your books.'

I think he'll have heard that many, many times over.

I just hope it pleases him still.:D

Lucky you graydaisy :D

I loved reading Angelas Ashes by Frank Mccourt and the film was just as good :D

I just read about him in the Review section of the newspaper and thought to myself 'I gotta read him!' now I find all these posts about him!!
I'm looking forwards to reading his books.

Lani

widernessYou'll love his books. Just make sure you read them in the right order. It matters.:)

I have to say, don't be put off 'cos you've seen the film. The book is wonderful, there is so much more in it. It's a thousand times better than the film.

A nice bookcrossing person just sent me Angela's Ashes as an RABK(Random Act of Bookcrossing Kindness). I had Tis' already, but wanted to read the books in order.

Is Angelina's Ashs the first one then?
I looked at it while at the book store the other day (had no money on me) and wasn't sure if the book was for me.
Can you tell me about it abit?
convince me...:)

Lani

jaybe said:
widernessYou'll love his books. Just make sure you read them in the right order. It matters.:)

I'll second that! I read 'Tis first, and so didn't really appreciate Angela's Ashes as much as I would have done if I'd read them in the correct order.

It must be wonderful to meet an author such as Frank McCourt, how fantastic!

wilderness Not everyoneloves Angela's ashes. Those who do really do though.:cool:

Frank McCourt writes so well in the voice of the age he is at the time. ie from four to seventeen or whatever age he is at the end.:)

Look out for the book at libraries, second-hand shops, boot-sales. He's surely made enough money by now.;) He needeth not any more royalties.:rolleyes:

I heard the interview on NPR about Teacherman, sweet guy. Only ever read Angela's Ashes, and I liked it, lots of hilarity despite ungodly difficulties. What a character! All others on my TBR list. The interview should be on the NPR website somewhere...

jaybe said:
adecedarianThanks for the link. I really enjoyed listening to him.

You are very welcome.I'll have to give a listen when I get a chance. Angela's Ashes is now sitting on my nightstand, calling my name...

Back