• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Frederick Forsyth

Vanessa2

I just finished reading my first Forsyth novel: The Avenger.

I thought it was a really great book! If you are interested in war history and like to read spy/thrillers books, then I'd recommend this book. I will read his The Day of the Jackal which is suppost to be one of his best.

His books are supposedly full of factual information. That's one reason why I enjoyed reading it.

Any comments?

I think his early books are the best, but he as written some really good stuff all round. I believe he is the thriller writer that sets the standard for all others.

The Day of the Jackal, followed by the Dogs of War, are my favourites. Excellent. The Devil's Alternative did not quite grab me, but The Deceiver and the Fourth Protocol were very good. I think I am overdue to read another..maybe the Negotiator, which I have started a number of times but not got too far.

Thrillers don't get any better than Day of the Jackal.

The Day of the Jackal is a stunning piece of work.

My opinion is that it set the benchmark for the thriller genre. :)

Frederick Forsyth is a brilliant author when it comes to thrillers.
He does his research meticulously(he was once a journalist) and presents it in an interesting way.
I read 'The Day of the Jackal', 'The Devil's Alternative' and 'The Negotiator'.
In many ways his thrillers are even better than those of Robert Ludlum.
While Ludlum raises questions for 3/4 of his novel and then begins to lift the veil
Forsyth leaves less to the speculation of the reader. His suspense is more like 'what next' instead of 'who and why'.

I liked Dogs of war a lot,it explain in details how to take power in a small African country.The hero Cat Shanon is one of my favorite in the genre.

Back