• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Freedom Writers

Vespertilio91

Does anyone else think that this will be an inspiring movie, or am I just the only one. I want to go see it soon; when I will, I don't know!

But through the commercials I've seen, it looks like a respected teacher is forced to teach in a high school where drugs, sex, gang violence, and dropout rates rule. She forces one class (I think) to begin writing a journal explaining how their lives could be better. She becomes caught up with helping the kids, and even defies the school board with her modes of teaching.

That's about as far as I know. I'd like to know if I should go to the movies and see it! Any suggestions?

I'm sure it will be good, but I've seen several other movies with basically the same story. Rebel teacher + Underachieving kids....blah

There was one not too long ago--a true story set in Harlem, I believe--and it was really good. I wish I could remember what it was called. :(

I can do without the commercials for this film that have Sia's Breathe Me in the background. That song annoys me to no end...

The movie itself looks okay. Unoriginal (yet another true story about an inner-city high school saved by an exceptionally dedicated teacher? *yawns*) but not unwatchable. I think I'll wait for the DVD to hit the shelves before watching it.

There was one not too long ago--a true story set in Harlem, I believe--and it was really good. I wish I could remember what it was called.

Do you remember who was in it?

Well, I've never really been interested in them, but suddenly I think that it'd be good for me to go see, even if it's been done many many times before.

Back