• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Garry Kilworth:Roof of voyaging

saliotthomas

This is the first volume of the Navigator king's trilogie.

I read Winter soldiers by Kilworth before and liked is style,so i wanted to check further and was rewarded by this little gem.
I placed it in Fantasy because it was on the jacket,but it reminded a lot of the odisseus.Would the latter be considered Fantasy?Maybe if they had hugh bookstores at the time.
The story take place in Oceania and is about two brothers fighting over their Islands Bora Bora and Raiatea after the death of their father king.One decide to leave with 200 of his followers to avoid bloodshed,the other paranoiac and cruel chasing him.The book is about the voyage,the quest to the promised island and the legend and tales attach to every islands,and the multiple god puting their nose in help of one or the other.
Their is a giant bird man eater,cannibals,insatiable virgens,demons,sharks,octopus,sorcerers and gods for everything,from the breeze to the drums and waves.The all is very humourus without been only jokes,and any who might read it will feel the greek inpiration in this tale.
A really lovely book.Shall deffenetly read the others.

Back