• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Garry Kilworth: Winter Soldiers

saliotthomas

In betwin the books of the month and others, i read this on the sly.My choice's indulgence,action,Crimean war,snow,rogue soldiers,Cosacks and tatars...A delight and a rest.
This is one of the best i read in the style,he would come just after Cornwell.All his caractere are well chosen,Crossman a bastard english nobleman fallen from favors,Ali a huge Turk Bachi-bouzouc,Paterson a woman sharpshoter(her sex only known to the company,and no she not pretty!)Winter the drunk coward that you somehow get use too,an American barber with some stories of the west....Bref a great mixt.
The companie are in charge of sabotage and beyong the line duties.The action is clear,unpretencious,funny at time,i damn well enjoyed it.

Kilworth wrote other in this line,but is also the autor of the original Highlander,and a less fortunate serie of Fantasy with a weasel for Hero(not my cup).....

Kilworth wrote other in this line,but is also the autor of the original Highlander,and a less fortunate serie of Fantasy with a weasel for Hero(not my cup).....

And Hunter's Moon that was about foxes and had a very sad ending indeed. Sniff.

Ok foxe then,I know a camel from a horse,a cat from a dog,an elephant from an hippo,but obviously weasel and foxes need improvement...

There's a weasel too, you weren't wrong and I wasn't saying you were. Honest. I haven't read the weasel stuff, just the fox one. It was, umm, rescued from a book fair and passed on to me.

Back