• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

General Knowledge

resist the temptation..:D

Monkeycatcher is it Selfridge?, I can't remember the first name so i'll leave it at Mr Selfridge :eek:

I thought I remembered that. Kind of ironic, isn't it? I wonder if Orville was the first one ever to use an air-sickness bag.

OK - here is my question:
Who proposed the concepts of "deep structure" and "surface structure" of language?

Crystal-
I thought this was a thread in which the person that answered the last question correctly was the one to pose a new question, and then that question was addressed by the others.

Libre said:
Crystal-
I thought this was a thread in which the person that answered the last question correctly was the one to pose a new question, and then that question was addressed by the others.

hehe. Okay. Just ignore me. (I didn't carefully read its content.:p ) Have a nice day.

NotTheDoctor said:
What's a "croque monsieur" and how's it different from a "croque madame"? :eek:

just a guess how they are different - a croque monsieur has an epididymus and a croque madame doesn't?

UM..I think we're talking food here if I'm not mistaken?

A "croque monsieur" is a hot or possibly toasted ham and cheese sandwich served in your great country.

The "croque madame" is the same except is also has a fried egg on top.

Bon Jour!

BTW I've gotta rush so assuming I'm correct I hope it's OK if you could pose another question for the folks here LOL!...:eek:

Have a great day, bye for now....:)

Right answer(s)! Oh, and I'm not French, I just live here. It is a great country, though :eek: .

Ok, next Q: where does the name "Montmartre" come from?

Happy New Year!

Back