• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Genre poll: sirmyk's next short story contest

What's your genre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
leckert said:
I almost checked "literary", but wasn't sure.

Is "coming of age" a genre?

If not, then I guess I would have to put my writing in the 'horror' genre, because it doesn't fit anywhere else. I certainly don't consider it 'literature'.

I hope humor doesn't win. I might have trouble with that.

leckert i don't think you'd have any trouble with humour....

Mmm... I don't think it's so sad. Sci fi short stories have to be damn good in order to escape the cliches (IMHO, of course :D ).

Kookamoor said:
Mmm... I don't think it's so sad. Sci fi short stories have to be damn good in order to escape the cliches (IMHO, of course :D ).
That is true. I have read a few whoppers. Maybe that's why almost every story in the Asimov publication is novelette or novella proportioned.

sirmyk said:
That is true. I have read a few whoppers. Maybe that's why almost every story in the Asimov publication is novelette or novella proportioned.
I really like J G Ballard, though. I recently discovered him from some help in the Book Search category. Try one of his 'Best of J G Ballard' short story collections.

I haven't voted yet, as I'm not sure what 'literary' covers Sirmyk, could you enlarge a bit on that one? I've never written a thing, but I'll have go...

Back