• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

George R. R. Martin: A Feast For Crows

I've been waiting to start this series despite the growing reviews because I didn't want to get to the end and have to wait like everyone else but as I read more and more glowing reviews the temptation to start builds. I have Game Of Thrones and now that he's finished Feast I guess maybe I'll start reading.

I'm looking forward to this, but i must say i'm a bit worried about the increasing number of books planned for this series. Hopefully this wont be another neverending Wheel of Time.

I think an end is planned unlike WoT which has books coming out for the sake of it with-out substance. I may have to re-read Martins books, it's so long ago that I can't remeber everything.

*Sigh* so many books to read and no time.

A Feast for Crows

Has anyone read the George R R Martin book a Feast for Crows yet? I expected a thread on here about it ages ago. I just bought it today. I was going to wait for it to go on paper back but i couldnt wait.

Suppose to release here in the U.S. on Nov. 8th. Me, I am 22 of 65 on my local library system's waiting list. The good news is they bought 12 copies.

I love this series.

That's alright, I'm just glad someone actually has it in their hands to read. :)

Ok, times up now I'm envious. :p

Iv actually forgotten all that happened in the last book so im a bit lost so far :D Its good though....Woohahahah...! :)

I've had it for about a month now, it's great. Still can't really compare it to the others - I'm going to read them all again in order at some point. It's safe to say that anyone who liked the rest needs it though.

I just tried to read A Game of Thrones for the first time and i had to stop becaseu i really didn't like it. I got through about 150 pages and i found that i had to push myself to keep reading, did anyone else have this happen? SHould i keep going do they get better or am i just one of the few who cannot get into his books?

If GRRM is guilty of something, it's he's in danger of introducing too many characters. He's telling the story of the Seven Kingdoms through the eyes of myriad characters, and I understand that. I just feel that if he's not careful he may dilute the effect somewhat. I'm not done with Feast yet, and every new character he introduced hasn't bored me.

Since it's been a while I've read the bit when Tyrion last talked to Jamie, I just wanted to ask
did Tyrion really kill Joffrey, or did he say it at the spur of a moment of anger? I really like the Jamie/Tyrion dynamic - their relationship is quite straightforward until this thing came along.

Comments?

ds

Finished Crows, and happy to say that my earlier reservations about too many characters proved unfounded, as there weren't really *that* many viewpoints. The writing is as great as ever, though I'm sorry to see one particular character with potential die off.

The only comment I'm gonna make is: blind? BLIND??? Nooooooooo!!!!!!

ds

This is a great book from an awesome series. While I feel it is probably the weakest of the series, it is still the best book I have read for quite awhile. Great stuff.

Direstraits - it was just a moment of anger, he didn't really have anything to do with it. Or did he?

>_>

No, he didnt.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, WithTheDawn... :eek:

I was talking about
Arya
. Which bit are you referring to?

ds

I just finished it and i must say i was a bit disappointed. It progressed too slowly in a almost Jordanesque fashion, and several of the main characters seemed unnecessary in such a long series. The story picked up pace in the last 100 pages, but overall several of the storylines felt unnecessary considering the next book will be about the rest of the main characters during the same time period. Maybe my view on these characters will change once the story continues, but atm there seems to be too much filler material.

I've got mixed feelings...I'm slightly disappointed, but that could be my own fault for getting too hyped up! But let's face it, Tyrion, Bran, Jon and Danaerys...these were main characters for 3 books and they just got blown off:confused: and after all that wait for the book to finally come out.

Seems like Martin isn't afraid to kill off some of the characters to progress the story...thats what I heard from someone else here on the forums. All in all I'm going to difinitely check out martin's books. Umm which one should I read first?

I would start with A Game of Thrones, you wont be sorry starting that one its a monster but the next few books are even bigger. Have fun.

Back