• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

George R. R. Martin: A Song Of Ice And Fire

Jessica089 said:
;) No one every gets all friendly or nickname - ish here really do they? It's not personal at all :( :(
That's because we're all bitter and twisted, nasty people. Know what I mean Jess? Or may I call you 09?

Just started on Thrones altho I must confess the second book is longer and the prospect of more books, at least a third one, right? is very intimidating. I am really enjoying it though and it's a great book to read while commuting.

There are 3 out now and a 4th due out in the coming months. There will supposedly be 6 before all is said and done.

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
There will supposedly be 6 before all is said and done.
There will be, he has already given them titles
# A Game of Thrones, 1996
# A Clash of Kings, 1999
# A Storm of Swords, 2000
# A Feast for Crows, forthcoming
# A Dance with Dragons, forthcoming
# The Winds of Winter, forthcoming

Hay

hay82 said:
There will be, he has already given them titles
# A Game of Thrones, 1996
# A Clash of Kings, 1999
# A Storm of Swords, 2000
# A Feast for Crows, forthcoming
# A Dance with Dragons, forthcoming
# The Winds of Winter, forthcoming

Hay

You think they're already in the can? Perhaps they're sitting in his desk(top) just waiting to be sent off to the publisher.

I like re-reading a series. Its like visiting with old friends. Maybe I'll start this one up.

Just got this for his website...

http://www.georgerrmartin.com said:
I said that I hoped to have the book done by the end of the year. Famous last words. No, it's not done, though I am getting closer. I have more than thirteen hundred pages in final draft form and another hundred or so in roughs or fragments, but there are still some chapters yet to write. I'm telling myself that I'm on the home stretch. As soon as FEAST as done, I will announce it here.

—George R.R. Martin, January 17, 2005

Looks like its going to be a very long book.

I saw that posted as well. But if you compare the sizes of his pages from the past, to book size pages, it will be roughly 2/3 of the finished number he lists. Aprox the same size as his others from the series. 900 pages, give or take.

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
I saw that posted as well. But if you compare the sizes of his pages from the past, to book size pages, it will be roughly 2/3 of the finished number he lists. Aprox the same size as his others from the series. 900 pages, give or take.
Thats okay just as long as he doesn't start doing the Robert Jordan thing.

So far I think he's managed to avoid that. I found the third book as thrilling and epic as the first, if not more so. Since he's already put a cap on the books he intends to write and truly believes he can fit the rest of the plot into those remaining two books, I don't think it'll be another RJ.

Litany said:
Sansa sucks. She's such a bloody girl.

I agree, Sansa is really annoying. Yet I still feel that her role in the series will take a turn for the better. While she's no Arya, I think Martin is toughening her up slowly. Her character is not quite as wimpy in A Storm of Swords.

The thing that always stikes me about GRRM is the large amount of disagreement there is amongst fans as to their favourite characters. Personnally, I think Sansa is one of the most interesting characters, whereas Jon is just boring. :p

I think Sansa is heading down a most interesting path, she is the company of a master thats for sure. If anyone has shown they know what they are doing, it's Littlefinger.

Personally I think Tyrion is one of the fantastic creations in epic fantasy.

Back