• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

George W. Bush: Decision Points

You won't get a peep from me in direct answer, because I really do try to stay out of political and religious discussions online. (Sorry Landslide for mentioning religious.) But I do find it disappointing that supposedly reasonable and thinking liberals whom I know in real life can harbor such blind and irrational feelings of absolute hatred toward the man. Open minds? Seemingly not.

Please notice that I said "in real life;" I'm not offering comment on people here, one way or the other.

Yet you take time out of your busy schedule to have a go at other people. Nice and mature.

Yet you take time out of your busy schedule to have a go at other people. Nice and mature.

If that is what I do, ol' friend.

There is already a "Threadkiller" thread on BAR in my specific honor and personal name. May I suggest that you also please take your own directly personal remarks there, so that all the spleen can be accumulated in one spot. By all means feel free to have at it, along with all the others who have already posted there.

Yours most sincerely,
Peder
:flowers:

President Bush, in my opinion, made some very bad decisions. However at least he would make a decision, unlike the current president who seems like he must have 6 months of meetings to figure out if he should go to the bathroom.

One thing is certain, heading into Operation Iraqi Freedom in early 2003, Schröder and Chirac had just been reelected when they voted against a use-of-force resolution at the UN.
They didn't have to worry about their constitutents and wanted to get on with their business with the dirty dictator, Saddam.

GWB, on the other hand, made his decisions and plotted his course while still facing his next election in 2004.

Bush made his decision before the election and won against Kerry.
Schröder and Chirac made their decisions after their elections and subsequently lost to Merkel and Sarkozy in the next elections.

Talk about “Courage and Consequence.”

Back