• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Getting to know each other... (It's feezzzzzing cold in here :( )

When did you become a book-lover?

• Total voters

MyRon

I've been here a week or so... written a few messages, a few private messages and... I don't know, I get the feeling I haven't really been welcomed properly (Not criticizing - it's just that I'm used to other forums/websites in which it's different)

So - let's get to know each other better:

(Personal details) :
- Where are you from? (Country, state, city...)
- How old are you and what is your gender?
- What are your hobbies (Other than reading books)?

(About books) :
- What kind of books do you like?
- Name a book that moved you, that touched you inside.
- Name a book that you dislike with a passion.
- How many books have you read? (A round number) :

* Less than 10 books
* 10-20
* 20-50
* 50-100
* More than 100 (I've lost count)

Ron, Israel.

i%20love%20you%20qualatex%20large.jpeg

(Personal details) :

I was born in Tibet. On a fated night, last in a dream, my mother ( a Tebetian princess ) met and had sexual intercourse with a star being. Thus the prophcey became true and I was born. I was raised by a family of Yeti and taught by ninja monks and later on some pirates. At the moment me and me scurvy pirate band are living on scull island with plenty O rum and wenches.

Arrr.

I am immortal and thus age is not a concern to me. I am a boy wabbit.

Lots and too many to list. Some are: Reading, writing, poetry, cooking, art, drawing, photography, history, science, gaming, internet, computers, space, movies, music, nature, walking, painting, learning, Hispanic and Latin culture, learning to speak Spanish, rpg ( computer ), rpg ( table top with pen and pencil the old and best way ), travel, mythology... and a bunch of other stuff.

(About books) :

- What kind of books do you like?- Name a book that moved you, that touched you inside.

Fiction, SF, Fantasy, Non-fiction, poetry, magical realisim, classical lit, and all kinds of other stuff that gets me interested. A book that moved me? There are so many :) Off the top of my head, Was by Geoff Ryman.

Lord of the rings :p

* Less than 10 books
* 10-20
* 20-50
* 50-100
* More than 100 (I've lost count)

MUCH more than 100. Well over a 1000. There are near that sitting on my book shelf :p Lost count.

Ron, Israel.

My answers... :)

Israel, Tel Aviv

24, Male

Internet, TV, hang out with my friends and family

I like suspense books, thrillers, things that touch you inside (Can't quite explain it)

Actually, I haven't found one :(

I don't really DISLIKE it, but I had expectations and got disappointed:
The Privilege of Youth

* Less than 10 books (8 to be exact - see link in my signature)

Ron.

For the record, it takes a while for people to warm up to you here. But it's basically a good bunch. I'm a relative newbie myself, but I'm glad I stop by.

So - let's get to know each other better:

(Personal details) :
- Where are you from? (Country, state, city...) Currently? Texas, USA (originally, Normal, Illinois (The only way I can claim to be a "Normal" woman)

45 yo Female.

Let's see, I paint. But I'm also an author in addition to my full-time regular job, so I don't get to do much after I take care of both sets of business.

(About books) :
- What kind of books do you like? Most kinds. Mysteries and paranormals probably the most.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; A Separate Peace; Bless the Beasts and the Children.

- Name a book that you dislike with a passion. Anything by Nathanial Hawthorne.

* Less than 10 books
* 10-20
* 20-50
* 50-100
* More than 100 (I've lost count) WAY WAY WAY more than 1,000. And yes, I've lost count.

Personal details :
- Where are you from? New Jersey! ^^
- How old are you and what is your gender? Female, and 16.
- What are your hobbies (Other than reading books)? Internet, hanging out with friends.. nothing really exciting. :p I like reading books.

(About books) :
- What kind of books do you like? Good ones. :p Mostly fiction.
- Name a book that moved you, that touched you inside. Lolita. :rolleyes: Yes, in regard to that other thread, I did end up borrowing the book from a friend, and am glad I did.. it has to be the best book I've ever read, hands down. Absolutely beautiful.
- Name a book that you dislike with a passion: Hmm... I hated a Wrinkle in Time. I had to read in in 5th grade, for school, and thought it was horribe.
A gajillion. ^^

Lol, really? More than 100, thats for sure... but I don't know just how much. =/

And welcome to the Forum. :cool: Feel free to PM me if ya want to chat. :)

~Becky

(Personal details) :
- Where are you from? Aalborg, Denmark
- How old are you and what is your gender? 22, Male
- What are your hobbies (Other than reading books)? All sorts of things, gaming, music, ...

(About books) :
Everything except for Romance and Westerns, and not really to fond of horror books

Can't really think of one, so there probably hasn't been one.

Haven't read any I disliked that much

I have absolutely no idea

ctadams said:
For the record, it takes a while for people to warm up to you here.

That's our famous English reserve. And that's why I'm not going to tell you anything about me! :p :D

you are freezing?? take a sweater and come to the fire, there where the parties are!! :D

okay i'm female, born in germany and now i'm stuck in florida!!

i love almost all kinds, but the book that touched me, was WALK TO REMEMBER from Nicolas Sparks!!
oh and the book i dislike with passion?? that's definitive ANNE FRANK!!

hm.. i have no clue how much books i read, since august 2004, i read about 30!! plus everything what comes into my hands and has words on it!! :D

oh and by the way, welcome, feel free to say, think and laugh!! :cool:

(Personal details) :
- Where are you from?
I go to school in Austin
- What is your gender?
Female
Writing, painting/drawing, etc...

(About books) :
ALL BOOKS/Genres! particularly classic literature, horror, erotica, true crime, poetry, etc...
- Name books that moved you, that touched you inside.
The Dark Tower, It, The Stand, Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty Trilogy
none
definitely more than 100; more than 1000

I loved reading before I was 5 (thanks mom!)

(Personal details) :
- Where are you from? Southern USA
- How old are you and what is your gender? 29, female
- What are your hobbies (Other than reading books)? knitting, quiltmaking, gardening

(About books) :
- What kind of books do you like?just about anything
- Name a book that moved you, that touched you inside. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- Name a book that you dislike with a passion.don't have one
- How many books have you read? (A round number) :eek:ver 1000 sounds about right, I've been reading since I was 3.

Give us a chance, Ron. It takes us a little while to warm up. Come often and share. Welcome.

honeydevil said:
oh and the book i dislike with passion?? that's definitive ANNE FRANK!!

:eek: I thought this was beautiful... "I still believe, in spite of everything, that people really are good at heart?" The kid was being persecuted and tormented by Nazis, but still could say that?

I loved Anne Frank. :rolleyes:

As far as how many books read... sheesh. Thousands and thousands! I have over 1000 books in my personal library.

There aren't many Australians on here are there?

(Personal details) :
- Where are you from?
Ontario, Canada

20 - female

earning money, sadly....

(About books) :
any but horror, erotica or romance

The Once and Future King - T.H. White

anything by Nora Roberts

Much more than 100 (I've lost count)

(Personal details) :
- Where are you from? Wales

- How old are you and what is your gender? 19 Male

- What are your hobbies (Other than reading books)? Writing, and Football! (Or soccer if you like, I still dont get why you call the NFL FOOTball.

(About books) :
- What kind of books do you like? Anything and everything, except when it's set in medeivel times, nothing puts me to sleep quicker

- Name a book that you dislike with a passion. The Handmaids Tale.

- How many books have you read? (A round number) : about 30, but im in the zone at the moment and it's rising daily.

(Personal details) :
mexico, tuxtla gutierrez
26 male
movies, internet, meeting people, to travel

(About books) :
pretty much anything
i dont know how much touched you mean, but i guess the closest thing, would be, the journeyrer, kane & abel, and ciudades desiertas -empty cities- (but i think that one hasnt been translated yet)
i cant think of many, maybe generation x
- How many books have you read? (A round number) : i would say around 200

dont worry just participate a little more, hang around the general chat area, and youll be making friends in no time (hey you are already doing that ;) )

mr_michel said:
dont worry just participate a little more, hang around the general chat area, and youll be making friends in no time (hey you are already doing that ;) )

Thanks, man!
Don't you all get me wrong - you're great! Thanks for all the welcoming ;)

Anne Frank.........

Love4OneAnother said:
:eek: I thought this was beautiful... "I still believe, in spite of everything, that people really are good at heart?" The kid was being persecuted and tormented by Nazis, but still could say that?

I loved Anne Frank. :rolleyes:

WOW!
You know - what honeydevil had to say came off a little too harsh for my ear... Especially when spoken by a German (NO disrespect, I really don't mean to... It's just that it's a little weird for me, as a Jew - hearing it from someone who's German [Moderators - I'm not talking about politics... This is just a side-remark that pertains to something said by another member, please don't edit it out])

I haven't read Anne Frank (Kicking myself right now!)... I can't imagine it not being SUPER beautiful "I still believe, in spite of everything, that people really are good at heart" WOWWW! I went through a lot, though obviously not as tough as She had it and I'm not so sure people are good at heart - I must read this book! It may teach me something about how to approach life (Though it really hurts and depresses the hell outa me when I read / see something about the holocaut!)

Nazis... HUMANICATION - as far fetched as it can ever be!

Back