• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Glad to be Here

Hello.

I'm glad to be here. So here is my obligatory introduction.

I am currently finishing up The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie, and am about a quarter of the way through the audiobook of Gary Shteyngart's Absurdistan. I am planning on reading Barking by Tom Holt next, but don't be surprised if that changes.

I guess I am mostly into genre fiction, especially science fiction and mystery, but I read a little of everything. I also collect books about birds, and fortunately for me, there's always something new coming out, even on this relatively limited subject. (Mind of the Raven by Bernd Heinrich is currently on my wish list.)

This introduction is likely to become an essay if I don't stop here. I'm looking forward to being an active member in this forum.

See you in the book stacks!

Welcome to the forum.
How is The Gun Seller? I'm a huge fan of House and Laurie is an amazing actor. I was thinking about checking out his book.

Welcome to the forum.
How is The Gun Seller? I'm a huge fan of House and Laurie is an amazing actor. I was thinking about checking out his book.

It's funny at times, and frequently humorous. But it's essentially a spy novel. Though the writing is good, the plot seems to be unfocused. Mind you, I haven't given it a fair chance, as I've set it aside for days at a time.

The narration is totally Gregory House, even though the book was written well before House. So if you like the show, you may like the book.

Overall, I'd have to give it my recommendation. But then, anything Hugh Laurie does is fantastic.

It's funny at times, and frequently humorous. But it's essentially a spy novel. Though the writing is good, the plot seems to be unfocused. Mind you, I haven't given it a fair chance, as I've set it aside for days at a time.

The narration is totally Gregory House, even though the book was written well before House. So if you like the show, you may like the book.

Overall, I'd have to give it my recommendation. But then, anything Hugh Laurie does is fantastic.
Ooh, great helpful feedback. Thanks!!! That definitely makes me push it up on my to-buy/to-read list. I'll have to check it out. :)

Hi,

Well come to the Forum. I am searching for detective novels. Do you have any idea that which book I need to buy? Please let me know.

Welcome! I've recently arrived myself.

Thanks for the tip on the Hugh Laurie book -- I had no idea he'd written anything! Curiosity has killed this cat.

Back