• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good Biographies

zokapi

Hello everyone!
Recently, I have had an urge to read a biography. I couldn't find any other threads dedicated to biographies so I decided to start this one. Does anyone have any reccomendations for me?

I don't really have many specific preferences as long it doesn't have too many historical facts. I have never read any biographies before and unfortunately, I tend to get bored reading nonfiction.

A few things about me: I mostly read fantasy adventurey books, I like animals, and I am interested in the human mind.

Can't have history without facts

You may be thinking of political biographies when you think of facts. Since you are interested in the human mind, concentrate on interesting people - those you would like to know more about.

I recommend The Life of Charlotte Bronte by Elizabeth Gaskell. This book speaks to anyone who ever enjoyed Jane Eyre. Gaskell, a contemporary of Dickens and a well-recognized novelist in her own right (Cranford, Wives and Daughters) admired Bronte and knew her in her later years. The two women exchanged visits in Haworth and Manchester. After Bronte's death, Gaskell enlisted the help of the Bronte family to provide letters and memories which are incorporated in the biography.

Back