• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good day - and a purr to you

Jemima Aslana

Stumbled across the place in a random Google search and found it interesting.

I'm a girl.

I'm 20 years of age.

In a few days I'll be starting university studying English - language and literature.

I also study music at another school simultaneously... yep, I have a full calendar.

Aside from all that I read a lot - these days mostly fantasy but I'll read anything if I feel like it lol

I'm also working on my own writings - so far I have a large collection of short stories with the same protagonist that I'm trying to put together to make a bio for said person - it's a bit of work seeing as the writing of these short stories has taken place over the past 7 years.

Other than that I write character bios for my RPG characters. Yep, you guessed correctly - I'm a role-player. Currently I have D&D, Call of Cthulhu (Chaosium), Deadlands, and Shadowrun on the repertoire, so it's adds up.

I'm looking forward to posting here on the forum, it looks like a really nice place :) If there's anything you'd like to know about me aside from what I've told you feel free to ask.

Random, eh? Good stuff!

Welcome to the book forum. Wash your own dishes and everything will be ok :p

Used to pay AD&D... REALLY miss it :) Ahhh, the good old days, dice and endless arguments regarding DM rulings :D

LOL 'round here the DM reigns supreme. If he has house rules it's fine. But then again - the DMs I know here are well aware the a DM with unhappy players usually don't have players for very long ;) It's the natural order of things hehe

If your players are getting out of hand the 'ol "If you don't stop your character is dead and i'm not joking rule* always kinds calms things down :D

Played a bit of Call of Cthulhu, also. Insanity and monsters rule :D

Hey there, Jemima! Welcome to the Boards.

I'm following the exact same study as you (only over here it's called 'language and culture', but it focuses , besides, of course, on the language, on the literature. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Where are you from?

Cheers

Howdy and Welcome! You sound very busy.

Never done any role playing except for MUDing over telnet. *things fondly of the good old days, realizes you're probably too young to know what telnet is, gets depressed*

irt Martin, I'm from Denmark. My boyfriend's from The Netherlands though, so I'll be in the vicinity at times - Beware! ;)

irt Ashlea, I will be very busy as of next week *sigh* goodbye wonderful freedom lol Oh and I do know what telnet is ;) I'm just too young to have any experience with it :p

irt Rainbow, thankee, 'tis nice to meet new people - especially when they make one feel welcome :)

*skips off to read some more threads*

irt Martin, I'm from Denmark. My boyfriend's from The Netherlands though, so I'll be in the vicinity at times - Beware!
Coolness! Though, I'd advise against it - this is the single most boring country ever we're talking about.

Cheers

LOL not when he and I are together. When such an event occurs there's no such thing as boredom - we're both slightly insane role-players with each our own evil streak... Nope, not bored at all hehe

Heh wears me out too, but I'm doing a bit of gambling here. Music and literature are my main hobbies (aside from role-playing, mind you, but they don't offer university educations in role-playing) so now I'm simply studying my hobbies, meaning: I'll be expected to read at least 500 pages a week.... yeah well I do that already - big deal lol I will be expected to practice singing at least 1½ - 2 hours a day. Yeah well, I sing ALL day if I can get away with it - and people don't complain lol so there...

Back