• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good Day

thirdeye

Hello there friends,

I'm Chris from Canada. I'm a student, a musician, and I love reading. I'm so thrilled to finally be able to talk to people about books.

Let's see, I read quite a bit, although would like to read more. I enjoy such a wide variety of genres and authors ...so I don't know where to start. I love literature (romantic period, realism, modern, postmodern, metafiction), I love more mainstream fiction like fantasy, historical, sci fi, horror. I also really dig nonfiction which focuses on politics, history, social criticism, mysticism, philosophy, psychology and certain biographies (of historical figures or musicians).

My favourite authors in particular are Ernest Hemingway, Alice Munro, Timothy Findley, Margaret Atwood, William Faulkner, Kurt Vonnegut, and Piers Anthony.

I joined this site to broaden my reading horizons and talk about what I'm already familiar with.

Hope to get to know some of you. Take care.

Well, hello crazy! I'm Vesper. Ummm.... well I think that you'd love to look into the Music section (I've seen you've already been there) and all of our chatting areas. I'm sure you'll find something that you like in there.

Question: what music do you listen to? I'd like to know. I personally like the alternative/emo/gothic range, especially Nightwish, The Birthday Massacre, AFI, Dance Gavin Dance, Drop Dead, Gorgeous...so on and on.

Welcome to the forum Chris :) That is quite a range of genres you enjoy, I am sure you will be able to pick up some good suggestions here :cool:

Ah thank you all kindly. I feel welcome already! I hope to find some new books to read, it gets dull getting suggestions from the vacuum of one's own social circle.

And in reply to your question Vesper:

Question: what music do you listen to? I'd like to know. I personally like the alternative/emo/gothic range, especially Nightwish, The Birthday Massacre, AFI, Dance Gavin Dance, Drop Dead, Gorgeous...so on and on.

I listen to a lot of everything really, I hate to limit myself to one genre (the same way I don't like limiting my reading spectrum). I like progressive rock/metal, classic rock, folk, psychedelic, psychobilly, the blues, goth, heavy metal, nu metal, reggae, classical, alternative, jazz...I could go on.

Some of my favourite artists include: Tool, Led Zeppelin, Type O Negative, AFI, HIM, Nick Drake, Deftones, Rage Against the Machine, Bob Dylan, Ani DiFranco, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead, Opeth, Avenged Sevenfold, the Doors, Bob Marley, Corpse Show Creeps, Alexisonfire...to name just a few. :) I love to chat about music, and books...thus I am a geek of all sorts. I also play the guitar..so if you'd be up for chatting about it I'm all for it. (I also like recommendations for bands I've never heard of) Thanks for taking an interest. And thanks again for the welcome!

Back