• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good self-help/biographical book

Alexia

I tend to read more novels than anything but do love it when i come across other types of good reading for a change of pace and one of the three best books I have read this year is 'Been There, Done That? Do This!' by Sam Obitz (my other two favorites this year are the novels 'The Da Vinci Code' by Dan Brown and 'The Five People you Meet in Heaven' by Mitch Albom). It is a brief read but i found it to be quite inspiring and the tools in the middle to reduce stress are very useful (for me anyway). Kind of a more personal and instructional version of the old book 'Don't Sweat the Small Stuff.' The only downside is you have to order it directly through the book's website because Amazon does not yet carry it and Barnes & Nobles said they won't be getting any copies until the end of the year.

Bill Clinton wrote in his book – My Life –about a self-help book entitled How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life by Alan Lakein. Clinton seemed to speak favorably on this book. I’ve also heard about this book from a chess expert (USCF 2000) in his book, Rapid Chess Improvement.

Stephen

agreed!

I have read "Da Vinci Code" as well as "Been There, Done That? Do This!" I devoured it in one sitting and have lent it to my sister. Great book with practical tools that you can put to immediate use. I recommend it highly to anyone looking to improving their life!

Another good motivation self-help sort is "Who Moved my Cheese" by Spenser Johnson & Ken Blanchard (I think...) It's an interesting book, because it makes you start to trust your own instincts when you approach a situation. My husband likes anything by Dale Carnegie (How to Win Friends and Influence People) and W. Edward Deming. A good friend is big on Tony Robbins for motivation. I don't generally read many motivation books. My friends and family insist that me being motivated would be like a charging rhino on speed! :D

Back