• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Goodreads

I really appreciate the book discussions on that site. You can post just about any scene and others will quickly chime in and there isn't a lag in a discussion.

This is true. Though, I suppose it depends on what group or if it's just someone's personal review. I was doing reviews on there, but I'm not sure anyone liked them. LOL.

This is true. Though, I suppose it depends on what group or if it's just someone's personal review. I was doing reviews on there, but I'm not sure anyone liked them. LOL.

I like goodreads, enjoy reading the reviews but wasn't much active myself, at least not until recently. I didn't write any review. Not yet. I could check yours and tell you if I like them, :)
This is the link to my account.
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3530803-ema

I finally became a member, thanks for putting me onto this site CheshireCat, haven't even got through 1/4 of my books yet though, not to mention organizing them into bookshelves. :) Here's my Goodreads account.

You got me interested for The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. You wrote so passionately about it last year on GoodReads.

Thanks! :)
It was so good, and it's one of my top recommended books. Seriously. Cried like a little girl who just realized Santa isn't real.

I'm on Goodreads too, my username is "kissmekate". I love the challenge (although I have already admitted to myself that I'm not going to reach my goal of 90 books this year unless something unforeseen happens), and the daily quotes.

I'm shamefully behind with my reviewing there, though.

I'm on Goodreads too, my username is "kissmekate". I love the challenge (although I have already admitted to myself that I'm not going to reach my goal of 90 books this year unless something unforeseen happens), and the daily quotes.

I'm shamefully behind with my reviewing there, though.

Yeah, so am I. I already know that I won't be reaching my goal of 100. I think I've done 10? maybe, and it's April. I"ll add you to my list.

Anyone else here that Amazon bought goodreads?

I just recently discovered GoodReads. I don't need to make myself read or reach any goals, but it's a fun site. I just like flitting through rating books. The first time you go on it's like wow I've read that one and that one and that whole row and then there's one I never saw before...

Goodreads is more community, I feel. I couldn't use it to keep track of my books (as a catalogue) because it doesn't have a field for recording price!

But excellent community tools and recommendation engine.

I don't like the non-interaction nature of 'social' sites. You post your say as does every one else and there is no interaction. What's the point in saying anything if no-one responds? Might as well talk to a wall.

Back